ADVERTISEMENT

North stanly vacancy to be filled today

gradepro

Nov 16, 2013
North stanly vacancy to be filled today Hopefully will get a call later today with answer, AD and principle have been in meetings all morning so I assume with perspective new hire more info as I get it

Right now it looks like Albemarle will have the only returning head coach next season. West coach resigned this week also.

If an announcement is made today then something fishy is going on. A buddy of mine was supposed to interview for that job today. I haven't talked to him in a week so maybe the interview got canceled or maybe the AD just needed some coaches to interview for appearance reasons.

Football in Stanly County might not be much fun next year. West Stanly's program is a step away from the crapper and North Stanly lost their biggest offensive threat. Albemarle's got experience issues and political issues regarding their school's future. South Stanly also has some major issues with their school mentioned at possibly closing at some time, not to mention a new coach.

If an announcement is made today then something fishy is going on. A buddy of mine was supposed to interview for that job today. I haven't talked to him in a week so maybe the interview got canceled or maybe the AD just needed some coaches to interview for appearance reasons.

Football in Stanly County might not be much fun next year. West Stanly's program is a step away from the crapper and North Stanly lost their biggest offensive threat. Albemarle's got experience issues and political issues regarding their school's future. South Stanly also has some major issues with their school mentioned at possibly closing at some time, not to mention a new coach.

North Stanly actually have a pretty good set of Freshmen coming in. As far as Albemarle goes, yeah we're going through some things, but we will be alright....

Reactions: Earnhardt Forever
Sway1532, wouldn't make some sense for North Stanly to have a JV team? Those Frosh could really help that program in the long run.

I am a firm believer in a JV program at the HS level. It is harder for a small 1A school to have one than a larger school. Albemarle and SS were the only 2 schools in the county last year to have one. It was though for both schools to do because of the declining numbers, but it always pays of in the long run.

I would think the first order of business would be to make a JV team. Just my opinion. Best of luck with getting a good one Gradepro.

I don't rely on Freshmen. Freshmen are transitioning from a middle school student to a high school student. Those kids need to develop, hone their skills to become better football players. Coaches have got to look at 2017 and not 2015. The book on North Stanly is that there hasn't been much looking forward to the future.

IDK...I heard North had been "looking forward" to Albemarle closing and sending some players their way. They were very, very short-sighted last year to announce dropping their j.v. program so early. I know it is rare that a 9th grader who only comes out for football when school begins will help your varsity..but a "late player" is a number. Numbers keep the program alive. That freshman who joins late can become a quality part of your varsity in a couple of years...but, it is rare for a kid who skipped his freshman season to come out again.

In the SMC schools we field JV teams comprising 7th, 8th and 9th graders. I think we are the only conference in the state that does so. It brings a few problems in that we can not move players back and forth. It also makes for a tough year on some of your marginal 10th graders.

I have seen very few freshmen that were big contributors on the varsity in any classification. There will always be some, no doubt, and some of those will be solid but not big time studs as seniors.

Jarrett Boykins was a very skinny freshman at Indy. He did not go out for football, where he would have played JV, because he saw his friend Hakeem Nicks, a junior, as a varsity backup. Two future NFLers and an SEC starter on the varsity. Was disillusioned and played youth ball as a freshman getting some confidence. Family moved into the Butler district. Ended up being a stud as a senior developing with the weight and year round workout program. Started at VA Tech, played for the Packers, and now with the Panthers. Indy had a junior on the JV because he was just not ready for varsity, football wise, although physically he was a monster. University of Maryland and NFL draft choice. These are extreme cases but players given a chance to develop, play, and contribute on the JV are often the role players that eventually are huge contributors on the varsity. As sleeh said numbers are important too.

Reactions: Earnhardt Forever
Develop the kids the best you can because its mutually beneficial to the program and to the kids. Those rare kids that can jump from Middle School to Varsity might develop better by making that leap. I do think it's a disservice to the vast majority of Frosh to sit on the bench and not get game time. Yeah, numbers matter but North Stanly should have fielded a JV team last year. Even if you move some Sophs to the varsity you would have been able to field a JV team.

Reactions: Sleehrat84
One of the main reasons to utilize the JV team is because of the 8 quarter rule for freshmen and sophmores.

Sleeh did you use the 8 quarter option?

SC just voted to discontinue this.

At NR we had a doctor available so we used it often. It kept the j.v. alive the first two years. (They had lost 17 to grades, 13 to graduation...so our varsity was about 25 players and the j.v. group stayed down...but, we did pull up one or two along the way.) SS didn't have a doc so we didn't use it. We just took our lumps on Fridays. I knew I was retiring, but with only 18 j.v. players, we couldn't take any up without losing a two way starter on Thursdays. I think it was right for the program. Our j.v. team won 3 of the first 5 games they played and were down by 2 points in the game with Anson that was suspended after heavy downpours in the fourth.

What happened to North Stanly's coach? Did he resign? If so bad timing for NS as their program is trending upward. Turnover at the HC position makes it really hard to sustain success at the HS level.

North has been through about 14 Coaches in the History of the School. Some have been sucessful, Some haven't. I really believe that North will see sucess again and the next Coach will have a winning overall record. There are lots of Talent in the Freshman Class now

What happened to North Stanly's coach? Did he resign? If so bad timing for NS as their program is trending upward. Turnover at the HC position makes it really hard to sustain success at the HS level.

The coach at North Stanly resigned to accept the head football coach position at Anson County High School.

Ok been busy since last post but they had 4 interviews the day I posted with one the following day as mentioned above, candidates will be discussed and evaluated by a committee set up to hire new coach, AD didn't say who was on that committee but said they would make coaching choice and it will be done before next School board meeting for the board to approve so no answer yet but will be done in next couple weeks I think on May 5 but don't hold me to that date.

It will probably be first mentioned when they approach the BOE for approval at Tuesday nights meeting.

Don't know if it's always the case new dawg, but they are meeting tomorrow night the first Tuesday.

Scott crisco named head coach @ northI'm excited and ready for them to get going!!!!

Who is Scott Crisco? If he was on Coach Jackson's staff last year, I hope he didn't condone the late hits that happened last year, most notably the late hit on the South Stanly QB.

North once was known for good sportsmanship and lousy football. In the past two seasons, both have changed. I wonder if one (or both) will change this upcoming year.

Reactions: Buddy Rich
I hope the "Change the Culture" moniker that Ralph always blabbed about goes away. That was smoking mirrors. Yeah, I can change the culture too if I dropped from the Rocky River to the Yadkin River and had Antonio Williams in my backfield.

If North could beat Albemarle under Jackson's watch, I'd confess that he'd change the culture. But he didn't unless you count the forfeited game last year.

Crisco is a teacher at north and has been for years he has also been a JV coach in several sports football being one. He had meeting with team day before yesterday and kids are excited about football. The predictable Williams to the left and Williams to the right is gone thank the good lord and I believe the kids who will fill the void will make for a much more competitive interesting game. The jury is still out but I predict a better season - Williams than with him. NS 28 WM 14 just putting it out there

The warrior fans will love that prediction gradepro. Anyway good luck to you and the comets this season.

Yeah I do too foot. If NS were to score 28 on WM then WM would score at least a 100 on them lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT