ADVERTISEMENT

Newton Conover football

South lake and The Q. Now there are some real money makers. LOL. Other than Asheville this is a weak non conference schedule. Any loss outside of Asheville would be disappointing and mark a tough year in conference. I wish Newton could have continued scheduling Freedom as it was a very good team and brought a great gate for both teams.

It will be an interesting year in Coach Beam's farewell tour.

Reactions: 1RollTideinNC
GDG, I think you are right as far as the gate goes for Southlake, but I think they have a pretty good team and program. I read a couple of weeks ago about the running back that transferred away from there back to his home school.

N-C opens with Asheville. Asheville is a large 3A program with a very fast team. I would like a win but if not I hope the kids hang close and don't get discouraged. I would have liked Asheville to be week 3 or 4 much better. I never would have thought we would schedule The Q.

If Coach Beam wanted to leave Newton he could have a handful of times. He really likes Newton. I even asked Coach Beam if he has ever talked to you Mr. Reitzel and he says he did not think so. Maybe you need to go talk to Coach Beam before you put lies on a blog. He is a close friend of mine and he is disturbed by this. He said your comments are read by his players and it distracts their work. GDG be a supporter and not someone that reaches for stories to make yourself relevant.

Reactions: sogapirate1
Huh. Directly relayed from his player.

Beam has done a good job and glad he is here. Like I said he owes Newton nothing. Hope he decides this is the best place for him.

Talk is sometimes cheap, but word in the football community says Beam was
a finalist for the Richmond job. Maybe he was a finalist without even applying??
I have a hard time believing a coach like Matt is content with a 2A school. No
disrespect to Newton Conover or any other 2A school. For Newton Conover
sake I hope he stays there for years!

Why can't this just stay focused on the upcoming season? I actually think they will be better this year than last, the big slow receivers are gone and will be replaced with much more speed the question is who will be the running back. I hear the QB has been working his butt off and has gotten bigger,stronger and faster. Johnson is back back which should make an explosive combination. The biggest question is are they gonna be able to play defense.

Newton will be very explosive on offense. D is questionable. Will have to replace some really good coaches. Assistant football WR coach Antonio Lyerly has been named the head basketball coach at west Caldwell. How you let him get away baffles me. When the basketball job at newton was open as well. Matt beam will continue to do great things at N-C

i hope this bout coach beam is just rumors but lets concentrate on the season, now is one of the charlotte based team games at home

a finalist for the Richmond job. Maybe he was a finalist without even applying??
I see nothing wrong with coaching at the 2A level if that school puts a lot into their football program.Most good 2a teams would beat a lot of the 4a schools.Shelby had 147 sign up for this coming season.

Reactions: woodoowoman

richmond was actually going to name Beam head coach on a friday about 3 weeks ago and he changed his mind the night before..

Coach Beam will do great things for N-C if the administration will let him. Football is the money maker for all sports and as such needs to be funded. There are great kids at N-C and great parents and supporters. We are a great program. The only suggestion I would have for Coach Beam is to take advantage of coaches such as Natoli that want to come back. As for this year I think that with a solid core of players returning N-C will do well. We just all need to get behind them and give them the support they need.

If Coach Beam wanted to leave Newton he could have a handful of times. He really likes Newton. I even asked Coach Beam if he has ever talked to you Mr. Reitzel and he says he did not think so. Maybe you need to go talk to Coach Beam before you put lies on a blog. He is a close friend of mine and he is disturbed by this. He said your comments are read by his players and it distracts their work. GDG be a supporter and not someone that reaches for stories to make yourself relevant.
Blitzman, who is this Mr. Reitzel you speak of??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT