ADVERTISEMENT

News out of Chapel Hill

May change the SD7 or may not change more than one out of the county team( West Caldwell borders 2a/3a). Catawba County 2A looks like they all end up under the 3A cutoff.

665 low to 1050 high give or take a couple. Lots of 3a teams will move down and some 1a will move up. Looks like 30 plus additional teams to each 2a and same to 3a. Just an initial quick look at ADMs.

An son, Fred T Foard, Hibriten, East Rowan, and Pisgah looking like 2A under this model. Numbers will be based on late 2015 ADMs. Thomasville remains 2A OCDavis if the numbers hold. I think the biggest impact really is in basketball and wrestling. Have no idea about baseball or the Individual sports.

Charlotte Catholic who plays up would be well below the 3A threshold. If they elect to go 3A then they could dominate almost all individual sports and be the cream of 3A in football for many years. Catholic played for the state 4A title this past year.

One more thing. With subdivision of each classification and using the current requirements for making the playoffs you can count on both hands the few who will not make the playoffs. Only about 11 or 12 teams will be watching in the opening round of 4A and 4AA. Let's hope they tweak this and start the first round with byes for the high seeds with less teams making the playoff field.

They are also removing the non football playing schools from the initial allocation of schools among classes. Most of those schools are 1A so that will keep 1A teams from being moved up to 2A. I think its a good plan but you are correct, there needs to be some tweaking of the playoff selection process.

I say remove all the non-football schools and go 25-25-25-25. I also say factor in a multiplier for the parochials and charters. And heck, why does everything have to be an even number or an even split?

Reactions: mondobizarro
I would like to see it divided up into 5 classes 20-20-20-20-20. Do away with large and small classifications. That will never happen because 8 title games in football bring in more $$$$$ than 5 but it would be nice. With the number of new schools added yearly, 5 classifications would divide up nicely.

SC will soon do five classifications and five championships. May work for SC due to the compact size of the state and number of schools, 208 in the SCHSL (I think).

The travel for playoffs for 1A, 1AA, and 4AA are going to be big next realignment with the new model.

Do anybody think Edenton Holmes will elect to stay 2A because they will be on the border line in ADM numbers?

An son, Fred T Foard, Hibriten, East Rowan, and Pisgah looking like 2A under this model. Numbers will be based on late 2015 ADMs. Thomasville remains 2A OCDavis if the numbers hold. I think the biggest impact really is in basketball and wrestling. Have no idea about baseball or the Individual sports.

Charlotte Catholic who plays up would be well below the 3A threshold. If they elect to go 3A then they could dominate almost all individual sports and be the cream of 3A in football for many years. Catholic played for the state 4A title this past year.
They're not dominating crap. Yep they played for the 4a Title and Crest would have beaten both of those teams like a drum. 4a was weak as piss last year. Plus, we own them and their toy box. You have a Newton Conover mindset, period! I wonder where Beam will finally end up?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT