ADVERTISEMENT

NewBern 13 Hill side 7

Re: NewBern 13 Hillside 7

To the Hornets:

You gave it all you had tonight young men. Only a few plays away. Nonetheless, you have still pushed this program forward, be proud of that. Keep getting better. Time to reload for next year.

To All the Bears Fans.

Good game tonight. Wish we could have pulled that one out but just had to make a few more plays. Good luck next week.

It was playoff football, no doubt. When I say ugly, I'm referring to the pre-snap and offside penalties. The boys gutted out a hard fought win. You need games like this, makes you tougher.

I wasn't calling you out. I heard the word "ugly" many times tonight from men, women, kids, you name it. That was just 2 LEGIT Ds going at it all game long, Wow is all I can say. I love games like that. Toughman competition all night long.

I know. I love games like that, battle of wills. Our fan base gets too complacent thinking every game will be a blowout. Hopefully this will open their eyes. D will be sore tonight, I was sore from watching it. Both teams played their hearts out.

So yeah, this New Bern defense is rather good. Also forgot Mike had the arm he did on the long pass plays. Great game and now onward to host Hoggard. Roll Bears

For you guys that were there, has Hillside's defense improved that much? I saw them earlier in the year against Country Day who finished 5-6 this year. I wasn't impressed with Hillside. I haven't seen them since. I was just surprised New Bern couldn't score more than they did.
This post was edited on 11/29 2:45 PM by mrhonda

Country Day had a 2.4 ypc average against Hillside. CCD's QB also had 2 INT's. Not sure how they had 20 points.

Their D is legit. They contained Mike Hughes and Hinton, not easy to do. Hard to go off just one game. They're physical at the point of attack and will hit you in the mouth. The field conditions didn't help the matter, either.

Thanks. Yes I know you can't go by just one game. That's why I was asking. I figured they had improved. New Bern has been putting up the points.

Hillside is huge on both sides of the ball. They match up well against us. Not many teams can contain Mike Hughes, give them credit.

Originally posted by mrhonda:
For you guys that were there, has Hillside's defense improved that much? I saw them earlier in the year against Country Day who finished 5-6 this year. I wasn't impressed with Hillside. I haven't seen them since. I was just surprised New Bern couldn't score more than they did.
This post was edited on 11/29 2:45 PM by mrhonda
Hillsides D was great and no doubt improved. They were dialed in last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT