ADVERTISEMENT

"New Look" YVC for 2015-16

new_dawg

Dec 20, 2003
Albemarle NC
Been reading on the basketball site that YVC East and YVC West Divisions will become two separate conferences for the 2015-16 school year as follows:

Central Tarheel Conference:
  • Chatham Charter (non FB)
  • Chatham Central
  • East Montgomery
  • North Moore
  • South Davidson
  • West Montgomery
  • Uwharrie Charter (non FB)
Yadkin Valley Conference:
  • Albemarle
  • Gray Stone Day (non FB)
  • North Stanly
  • South Stanly
  • Queen's Grant (non FB)
  • Union Academy
So, what will be the case for football?
  • Will the CTC play only 4 conference games, and the YVC only 3? If so, it looks like it could be a nightmare for the schools to find enough nonconference games to fill out the schedule.
  • Will there be a "football only" conference that combines FB-playing schools in the two conferences, like the old YVC?
  • Or will the two conferences still play all the other FB playing schools in both conferences, and only count the games against their own conference opponents to determine conference champions, playoffs, etc.?

I don't think anything can change until the next time they reform conferences. Isn't that in 2016 or 2017?

I saw the Warriors lose to what I consider an inferior Starmount team last year. The Warriors are the real deal, but it just seemed to me that they coasted a bit in the 2nd half of the Starmount game.

If the offensive line consistently make their blocks, the Warriors could be looking at a trip to the state championship. The Warrior D looks credible and they definitely have the players at the skill positions. Coach Eddins does more with less than most coaches can do.

I know outside of football you have the YVC East and YVC West. I can say Uwharrie Charter will be a part of the YVC East. Don't know about Chatham Charter. Football will be the same nine team league for the next two years for sure unless some crazy stuff happens with redistricting/closings/mergers in Stanly County. 2015 ADM #s will be used for the 2017-2021 realignment.

Not that it has anything to do with the topic, but I would not say Starmount was inferior. They outplayed WM in the 2nd half and won. I wouldn't take anything away from those young men. WM was young last year. And I don't think offense will be a particular area of concern this year. The offense will score plenty enough to win games, just like last year.

Back to the topic, please...which I started based on a thread on the 1A Basketball Board that indicated the new conference setup would start next year. Does anyone have clear info from NCHSAA, AD's, coaches, etc. that would confirm when the new setup begins, and how it will affect football?

New Dawg, what someone told you about breaking up the conference was bogus because the NCHSAA won't allow a 4 team or a 5 team football conference. I thought that was fairly understood.

Here's an idea. Let's put all the charter schools in one conference and put the other nine schools in the other conference. That would make for eight conference games and 2 or 3 non-conference games in football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT