ADVERTISEMENT

New head football coach at Richmond

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE MAURICE FLOWERS TAKE THE HELM AT RICHMOND COUNTY, HE HAS MY VOTE;

@raiderstud HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED FOR RICHMOND SR.
Im full blooded Raider ...Played and started on one of the BEST EVER RAIDER TEAMS......Whoever the committee chooses to be our next head coach, I will be behind 100%......All of the coaches who have applied are good coaches... ......Hopefully they will get the right one , that is best suited for Richmond County....They will never make EVERYBODY HAPPY......I have only met 3 of them personally, so I cant judge the other 4....The three I have met would be good head coaches......That is why we have a committee to make the decision for us....They have met and had very formal conversations with all seven of them......Some people here have really degraded Richmond County as being a terrible place to work and live ......That is far from the truth....The Raiders have had some excellent teams and coaches since 1972....I'm looking forward for the TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE to continue.....One of the best programs in the state and I'm sure it will CONTINUE TO BE THAT WAY.....I'M SURE WE ALL HAVE OUR PERSONAL OPINIONS DEEP DOWN INSIDE , BUT IN THIS SITUATION OUR VOTES DON'T COUNT......Good luck to all the coaches involved.........nuff said....

In a thread where individuals suddenly and unanimously maintain a conspiracy of silence, my word of truth must of sounded and felt like a Tommy Gun if the ignoring button was ever a safety shield of blindness from corruption.

Everyone writes off Matt Beam but what he did at Burns was very impressive. Tough to go against Shelby and Crest in Cleveland County and to keep the players from "floating" over to those rival schools. He did it by putting big numbers up and took a team that had been down for several years including a one year coach with one win before he took over. Had four big seasons after improving to 6-7 his first year.

Has Newton Conover turned around from a 2-9 to 7-4 his first season.

North Lincoln has been in existence 12 years and had four seasons without a losing record. He was the HC those four years.

Not saying that is who I would or would not select but he is a solid coach that presents himself well and grew up with a father that was a coach. As much as record and ability count the way a person interviews could sway a committee. The four men with head coaching experience are solid coaches and teachers of the game.

Two questions on Coach Boyd. Number one will he move to Richmond County full time? Secondly, I think he is in nearing his mid 50's. How long will he coach? If I am Richmond I want to get the right hire who will win and grow the program from day one and be a long term HC.

Booster Club Information and Officer Responsibility Breakdown

Some basic things to remember and to take into account:
1. You are in charge, you are the boss
2. They are there to support you, the program and the student-athletes.
3. Talk to your athletic director if you run into any problems, they should be your biggest supporter.
4. Remember to follow all rules concerning fundraising.
5. If you so desire, you may (check with your AD first) move your booster club account out of the school.

President

-helps coach coordinate and run all booster club meetings
-in charge of creating team handbook.
-helps (but does not have unilateral authority) make decisions concerning spending of booster club money

NO WHERE IN THERE DOES IT SAY PAY ANY PLAYER.........................

Anyone want to guess when the news of who is hired is going to be?
The committee has all the information they need...I think maybe they have thought about it individually all weekend...MAYBE THEY MEET ONE MORE TIME AND GIVE THEIR NUMBER ONE AND NUMBER TWO GUY......GIVE EACH MEMBER A CHANCE TO SPEAK HIS PEACE , THEN VOTE ......Hopefully by Thur or Fri..... for sure.......Contact the number one guy to make sure he has not changed his mind and get all loose ends tied together......Just my guess...nuff said..

Vice-President/Meet Director
-in charge of creating worker list for each meet
-in charge of contacting workers the week they are scheduled to work a meet and find
replacements in necessary
-in charge of all workers during the running of the meet
-helps with meet setup of tables, timing system, chairs, or any other function needed to
start the meet

NO WHERE IN THERE DOES IT SAY PAY ANY PLAYER.........................

It'll be probably by the end of the week. I don't think that they would allow this process to take more than two weeks. Summer conditioning is only a month away as well as 7-on-7s right after that. New philosophies and schemes have to be learned and fast.

I just read on Carolina Preps that Head Coach James Johnson resign from his post at West Stanley to take a job closer to Richmond Co. can someone please confirm………………………

I just read on Carolina Preps that Head Coach James Johnson resign from his post at West Stanley to take a job closer to Richmond Co. can someone please confirm………………………
he's going to west montgomery with nick eddins

James Johnson is going to West Montgomery ...nuff said...

Please give it a rest, swett. Is your goal to make every thread on here unreadable? You've made your point, nobody cares, please move on. (BTW, it's a fairly common practice and certainly not exclusive to Richmond). It is tiresome when 3 or 4 posters hijack thread after thread on here.

Reactions: TarheelRaider
Please give it a rest, swett. Is your goal to make every thread on here unreadable? You've made your point, nobody cares, please move on. (BTW, it's a fairly common practice and certainly not exclusive to Richmond). It is tiresome when 3 or 4 posters hijack thread after thread on here.
Do like EVERYONE else on here.... Find the button that DELETES HIM.......Now I enjoy NC Preps....nuff said...

Reactions: blackjackwally
Is it a place you can win a title? Yes. Is it a place most people would want to live? No. That is why this is not a job coveted by everyone.

Lived in Richmond county all my life. Is it the place it used to be economically speaking? No it's not! But you can say that for a lot of smaller counties. Was I critical of the last head coach? Hell yeah I was but I was not alone in my thinking. I don't really know why he left but the fact is he's gone! Time to move on. A lot of big time athletes have come through Richmond and they will be more to come. Who ever they hire will have a stressful job. I would not coach at a school that doesn't have high expectations.

Last edited:
I don't get involved in the financials, but money does talk. I hope someone can find someone who carries themselves in the same respectable way that Hoggard did on and off the field. The DC leaving compounds the problem and I assume he desired the salary incentives of coaching in SC.

Johnson is not coming back he is joiniig eddens staff!

Lived in Richmond county all my life. Is it the place it used to be economically speaking? No it's not! But you can say that for a lot of smaller counties. Was I critical of the last head coach? Hell yeah I was but I was not alone in my thinking. I don't really know why he left but the fact is he's gone! Time to move on. A lot of big time athletes have come through Richmond and they will be more to come. Who ever they hire will have a stressful job. I would not coach at a school that doesn't have high expectations.

Like me, Paul has elderly parents who live in nearby Windsor that need to some assistance. For those of us that don't have a lot of money we have to make some sacrifices. Lucky for Paul, he wasn't make much of a sacrifice because Edenton is a wonderful people to live and Holmes is a good place to coach. Richmond has the most divided fan base that I think it would not be a very good place to coach. Tremendous athletes is the biggest attraction to Richmond, but the fan base like to criticize the best of coaches.

Ole Hoggard was crapped on consistently by many, and I just don't understand it.

Go ahead and hire Coach Flowers. He's a good coach and a good man who is probably one of the best candidates for that job. I think he will do well as long as the fan base can get their act together.

Like me, Paul has elderly parents who live in nearby Windsor that need to some assistance. For those of us that don't have a lot of money we have to make some sacrifices. Lucky for Paul, he wasn't make much of a sacrifice because Edenton is a wonderful people to live and Holmes is a good place to coach. Richmond has the most divided fan base that I think it would not be a very good place to coach. Tremendous athletes is the biggest attraction to Richmond, but the fan base like to criticize the best of coaches.

Ole Hoggard was crapped on consistently by many, and I just don't understand it.

Go ahead and hire Coach Flowers. He's a good coach and a good man who is probably one of the best candidates for that job. I think he will do well as long as the fan base can get their act together.

I think we have some great candidates that have applied who have the stones to do the job and ignore those that want to complain on a message board. Hoggard was a great coach who was given a great situation to go to that he couldn't turn down. He has moved on and we will too.

Hoggard literally ruined the Raider program and in the process, totally messed up the Jr. High program to boot. Finally, when the nepotism factor kicked in, most of the true Raider faithful, had enough! The program needs to clean house and get someone in there that really wants to win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT