ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA apologizes

They aren’t specific so I don’t know where this was a problem, but I can tell you it wasn’t at Freedom. I doubt it was at McDowell, but I wasn’t there. Could have been at Providence I guess.

Grimsley venue seemed to have worked out well for the second year in a row. The problems we had stemmed mainly from having one ticket for both games with overlapping crowds.

The situation at Providence High School was simple awful and clear could be seen coming, if anyone looked.
Myers Park and North Mech Boys in first game followed by Charlotte Catholic and undefeated Lake Norman rematch. Could have sold twice as many tickets for these two games.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
They aren’t specific so I don’t know where this was a problem, but I can tell you it wasn’t at Freedom. I doubt it was at McDowell, but I wasn’t there. Could have been at Providence I guess.
It was a large crowd at McDowell but still had some seats left. And an atmosphere that you couldn’t replicate at a Lawrence Joel or Greensboro Coliseum.

Reactions: FreedomAlum
Problem would be solved if they would use UNCC, Queens, UNCA, LRU...something neutral again....I know it comes down to $$, but what was wrong when Wake or UNCG was hosting?

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Reynolds used to seat 12,500 back in the day. But, after renovation, seating was reduced to 5,500. Would like to see PNC Arena involved in hosting basketball championship games, but, the "hockey gods" would not allow that!!!

Gotta have bigger venues for the state championship gams (i.e. 10,000 mimimum) and the regional championship games (i.e. 5,000 minimum).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT