ADVERTISEMENT

Mountain Island Charter

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
May be a factor this year in 1A. They have 3 members of the 2014 NCISAA state champion SouthLake Christian team playing for them this year. One of those players is ATH/DB Aapri Washington who has several Division 1 offers.

May be a factor this year in 1A. They have 3 members of the 2014 NCISAA state champion SouthLake Christian team playing for them this year. One of those players is ATH/DB Aapri Washington who has several Division 1 offers.
Is Robert Washington one of the players?

Deana how come mic is listed as only playing 1game last football season in a beatdown by pinelake prep? Did they only play 1game?

Robert Washington will be playing at Mountain Island Charter this fall per his father.

They will have a big impact on that program. I've known them for years as well as their fathers. They grew up playing on my rec teams. Aapri is on our 7 on 7 passing team. That's really where the offers are coming from. Deena thought maybe NCPREPS was coming down to check out the tournament held May 16th at Rocky River High. Of course we took home the championship in a tight game vs NJ. A lot of big time play makers were out there from NJ, Tenn, GA, Texas, etc. Rivals and Scout.com attended. Here is a recap https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1766832

Last edited:
I hope for their sake the team has good line play, because they'll need more than a couple of D1 skill players to win a state title. Just ask South Stanly when they had Shankle, Allen, etc.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Check the link to last year's preview from the Gaston Gazette...coach called OL the team's biggest question mark. But if they have skill transfers coming in, maybe they have some big boys transferring in, too.

Overall, though, they played one varsity team last year, Pine Lake Prep, and lost 59-0. I know they didn't have a 12th grade last year so they don't lose anybody, and I'm sure the new additions will make them a lot better, but i don't know if they will take them from 60 points worse than a second round team to being a title contender...

http://www.gastongazette.com/sports...arter-s-first-football-season-begins-1.365169

Reactions: mbdfan
I will say this, their skill players even counting the ones they had last year will be the best in the Southern Piedmont 1A. Their line will be the key but they have some decent size guys upfront and NO they didnt get any linemen in the transfer. I will say RWjr didnt have a great line at SouthLake last season either and he did just fine. What will be fun to watch is this Offense cause every skill STARTER has either offers or Colleges interested in them.

Also on the Pinelake game from last season there was a huge difference in the PL team from 2 years ago to last seasons team. MICS had 9 TO with a Freshman QB thats never played QB in his life and you could tell the difference in PL. But your right not sure if it will make a 60 point difference but it will closer than people will think.

When them SMC boys start ramming that ball down their throat, they might wish for the days of private school ball again.

Yes. You seem new to 1A football, so I'll explain what they mean...basically to win the west in 1A you have to go through the SMC. Its teams have represented the west the last 5 years, with 3 state titles. And going back further than that, its members have 30-something state titles between them.

Gotcha... Ive watched those Mountain Teams and yes they are tough. Im not saying MICS will win the conference nor the State by no means but their O will be fun to watch and RWjr is no Rookie. This is a guy who rushed for 200 on teams like Latin and Davidson Day and I know those teams can play with SMC teams.

I'm with you. The 1A playoffs are usually pretty watered down and top heavy, so MICS should at least help make things more exciting come November. I believe WS Prep will also be playoff eligible and in the 1A bracket this year.

Robbinsville plays country day this . That will be a tough game. Coach, do u know if Country Day found a coach yet?

The son of the former HC took over the program. Drew Witman played QB for his father at CD and for a small college.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT