ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell County 2023?

Doppleganger#

Jul 4, 2003
They were preseason rank 10th. Will they have what takes to compete for a 1A State Title? I have never been to the School, but i have circled the game vs Draughn Sept 29th. If my schedule works out.

Reactions: RealStihl
I will say I don't believe a state title run is in the making this year for the Mountaineers. However after losing many key players last year I'm excited to see how we rebound. I feel like we will be in the top 3 of the conference but not close to being the power house we have been in recent years. Regardless of how we do this year I will be behind them 100%

Has the high school portal worked either for Mitchell or against Mitchell this year? Just asking if any folks have moved in or out of your community that will affect your team.

I will say I don't believe a state title run is in the making this year for the Mountaineers. However after losing many key players last year I'm excited to see how we rebound. I feel like we will be in the top 3 of the conference but not close to being the power house we have been in recent years. Regardless of how we do this year I will be behind them 100%
Very well stated. I don’t have a good feel for this years group. Expectations have been so high the past few years and now….Seems no one is sure what the Mountaineers will roll out. While it is true they lost a lot, they do have several young men with experience. QB is a big ?. I think he will be fine but how long will it take to get there? Line depth is another concern. But I agree, not title contenders. I think they will be solid but just not the all around talent from the past several years. But I will be there most if not all Friday nights regardless if 1 win or 10.

Go Mountaineers

I do not know much about this Mitchell this year but id say the first game will tell. If I'm a betting man id say they will end the season 7-3 or 8-2. depends on how the game against mount heritage go. If Mitchell wins there first game they will probably be undefeated until the hit Draughn. They should win most of the non conference games. they should beat Andrews and McDowell and Alleghany . But I don't know anything about there first team. But good luck to the mountaineers this year.

I am with you die hard fans! I will be pulling for them no matter what the record is. I hope the really come together and give 100% no matter what. If they can do that they will be fine snd get stronger as the season grows. Just need a good leader to step up and they will be fine. Now I am an outside, but a fan of the Mountaineers - mountain Heritage is your main rival but last year Draughn kind of turned into the new conference powerhouse right? Will these 2 games be the hardest battles for you all? Good luck to you all and I hope all these young men get through the season healthy!! Go Mountaineers!

Reactions: wncbowhunter
I do not know much about this Mitchell this year but id say the first game will tell. If I'm a betting man id say they will end the season 7-3 or 8-2. depends on how the game against mount heritage go. If Mitchell wins there first game they will probably be undefeated until the hit Draughn. They should win most of the non conference games. they should beat Andrews and McDowell and Alleghany . But I don't know anything about there first team. But good luck to the mountaineers this year.
I wouldn't count on a win in Andrews.

Mitchell will be a different looking team this year. I think we will be competitive in most games. Give it 2-3 years and we will see one of the best teams we’ve ever had imo. I think this year’s team will surprise people in a good way. Heritage should be the class of the conference.

I wouldn't count on a win in Andrews.
I would Andrews lost there best weapons. they lost there whole back field line still a little solid but there not gonna be the team they was last year. I love Andrews but I don't see them being a top three team in the SMC

I'm picking Andrews 4th or 5th in smc.
Depends if they can beat Hayesville in Clay county. From the looks of it Andrews will only have 5 or 6 seniors but a very good line.

Mitchell will be a different looking team this year. I think we will be competitive in most games. Give it 2-3 years and we will see one of the best teams we’ve ever had imo. I think this year’s team will surprise people in a good way. Heritage should be the class of the conference.
I think this group still might a year away from being really good im interested to see how things shake out between draughn mitchell heritage and perhaps even Avery, I know better to count coach pitman and mitchell out especially after the last 3 years lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT