ADVERTISEMENT

Meeting Tonight Stanly Count BOE and City Council

sway1532

Aug 15, 2011
There is a meeting tonight with the BOE and Stanly County Commissioners FYI. Please go out and voice your opinion if you can. I have been voicing my opinion via email with good responses.

Think I smell a compromise brewing although I'm not sure exactly what it will be. I think the voice of the people is being heard and hopefully something will come out of this that we can all live with.

OK sway I'm confused. You're saying the BOE and city council are meeting tonight and then the BOE and county commissioners are meeting tonight. Which is it?

Now I'm really confused. Saying on Facebook that the town of Oakboro Officials and the BOE will meet tonight at 6 at the commons and that the public is also invited.

Oakboro community is meeting with the BOE tonight is my understanding.

Mine too btango. My question is will this also be the BOE regular March meeting or not?

I thought they are scheduled to meet the first Tuesday of each month. Not sure if they met last week or not. This is the second Tuesday.

Yeah you're right btango. At the reg meeting last week Plan C was introduced and the superintendent announced that they were about half way through gathering facts about busing cost, etc.

Buddy I'll be honest with you, I don't know the difference between the city council and the commissioners....but that's correct it is with Oakboro, but I believe anyone can attend.

City council represent municipalities such as Albemarle, Oakboro, Norwood, et al and are voted on by the people in that city/town.

The County Commissioners represent the county representing districts and at large non districted seats.

Good evenig SWAY I know this is off subject but didnt you have an addition to the sway family a few weeks back? If so congrats to you

I did!
3dgrin.r191677.gif
Thanks js.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT