ADVERTISEMENT

Independence Coach.....

UNCGrad2014

Nov 29, 2014
Carolina Preps has just reported that Independence head football coach, Joe Evans, has stepped down.12-1 last year with a 4A SW Conference championship. Potential candidates?

This post was edited on 3/5 4:31 PM by UNCGrad2014

The Charlotte Observer is reporting: Providence High football coach Justin Hardin is resigning to become the new head coach at Independence.

This hire depends. It's too early to tell if it's a good hire or not. Only time will tell. I look at what Providence did last year in knocking off East Forsyth, even with injuries. The potential is there. My concern is Hardin is the Larry Brown of high school football coaches in North Carolina. Considering the talent that comes through Mint Hill, if Hardin stays long term (6-10 years or even longer), then look out. If he does his normal thing, Indy will be taking a ride on the coaching carousel again relatively soon. Again, depending on how this pans out, this could be good for Butler in that the Bulldogs will have to up their game even more. But, this was certainly bad for Providence. Another question I have, and others with more inside knowledge can answer this, was it Hardin doing his normal move thing or was there some problem at the top? Before Hardin arrived at Providence, weren't there some problems at times between boosters, AD, Principle and the football coach? Yes, you have that at times at all schools, but if I remember correctly, it was a little more at Providence. But, I could be not remembering well and totally off base. Like I said, someone with connections and inside knowledge of Providence would need to address that. Anyway, good luck to Indy.

There are two Hardin's, the twin sons of Bruce Hardin. Justin Hardin was the HC at Weddington but was not allowed to continue in the position based on information at the time and it was due to not being certified causing him to leave late in the summer before the 2011 season. He went to South Pointe as the DC and returned to Providence for the 2013 season. Hard to base his stability on his HC career due to the circumstances at Weddington and Union County in general.

The brother, Blair, was HC at Porter Ridge for five seasons. Heard that he was out due to certification but do not know if that was the case. Spent one season at Freedom before getting into the SC system as the HC at North Myrtle Beach. Not sure why he left Freedom but everyone knows that if you are going to coach football you are are most likely better off in SC.

The one year Blair was at Freedom was very positive for the program.
He had everyone on the same page, players and coaches. Blair ran
the program like a college. The bar was raised in every area. Any
program would be fortunate to get him - and to be able to keep him.
Hardins will travel!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT