ADVERTISEMENT

HD vs. WS Prep Girls

Dave2kMA

Feb 3, 2009
This could be the de facto state championship game if HD is as advertised.

Hayesville fans would probably best be able to size this one up having seen both. Thoughts?

Very interesting game. Here is my take on it:

Prep is bigger and quicker across the board. They are much more physical especially on the perimeter. They are average shooters. They like to attack on the bounce. They rebound well.

HD is a much deeper team. Their size on the post will matchup with prep, but prep has an advantage in size on the perimeter. HD guards are probably better perimeter shooters. HD point is probably quicker than prep, but prep is probably quicker everywhere else.
Someone other than HD point guard will have to help handle the ball.

My keys to the game:

HD must handle the pressure of prep. I don't think many teams can simulate the strength and quickness of prep in practice. Prep must stay out of foul trouble, they are really only 7 deep. Prep will have to make some outside shots. Claytor will be a matchup problem for HD. The big key, I think, Is style of play, if it is really physical I think Prep wins. If it is not allowed to be real physical HD will win.

Should be a good one. Looking forward to checking it out tomorrow. No dog in that fight, so I just want to see a competitive game.

I sure Mount Airy fans could give some input also. I still think that Prep is the Team to beat. Barring an injury, I think they will beat a very tough HD team. The pressure that they are able to apply may be to much for the Lady Eagles. Also I am curoius to see how Shope will do against preps bigs

I would like to say congrats to HD on a well played hard fought game. I really enjoyed watching you all play finally. On a side note I love your fans. One poster on here said at your gym they are hanging off the rafters cheering for HD and I could see that lol. Great fans, a very well coached team and a great group of kids. Good luck next season and I am sure you will be back.

Would just like to congratulate the girls you played hard all the way to the end.keeping it that close against that team was an accomplishment in its self .keep your heads up and for our seniors enjoyed watching you play the last four years it was well worth the money. MAKE THEM BELIEVE !!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT