ADVERTISEMENT

Greater Metro 4 Conference

MooresvilleDevil06

Aug 28, 2012
Just going to create its own thread for the conference.

Here are this weeks games

Monday
-Lake Norman at Cox Mill (girls only)
-West Meck at Cox Mill (JV and Var Guys only)

Tuesday
- West Cabarrus at AL Brown
- South Iredell at Mooresville
- Hickory Ridge at Lake Norman

Wednesday
- Cox Mill at Mooresville
- Marvin Ridge at Hickory Ridge

Thursday
- West Cabarrus at South Iredell

Friday
- South Iredell at AL Brown
- West Cabarrus at Mooresville
- Lake Norman at Cox Mill

Saturday
-AL Brown at Cox Mill
- Lake Norman at Hickory Ridge (Girls Only)

Obviously the headliner game is Wednesday. But That Lake Norman vs Cox Mill game Friday is going to be good too.

the South game for Mooresville concerns me just because it’s that one game sandwiched in between two very big games. Classic trap game scenario

Cox Mill Guys defeat West Meck 78-57

CJ Wilson- 15 pts
Rasheed Baldwin 14 points
Marcus Morgan 13 points
Myles Morgan 9 point

Lake Norman girls defeat Cox Mill 61-38

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Mooresville defeated South Iredell 82-58.

Hickory Ridge upsets Lake Norman 82-72.

West Cabarrus defeats AL Brown 64-45

Last edited:
West Cabarrus hangs on to defeat South Iredell 52-50 tonight in guys action.

South Iredell defeated West Cabarrus 64-62 in varsity girls action tonight

Good game at Mooresville. West Cabarrus hung tough but Mooresville made the plays to pull out a competitive game.

Games this week

Tuesday

AL Brown at Mooresville
Cox Mill at Hickory Ridge
Lake Norman at South Iredell
Hough at West Cabarrus

Wed

AL Brown at Hickory Ridge
Cox Mill at Independence
West Cabarrus at Lake Norman

Friday

Hickory Ridge at West Cabarrus
South Iredell at Cox Mill
Mooresville at Lake Norman **GAME OF THE WEEK**

Saturday

Hickory Ridge at South Iredell

One game at a time, but the conference title likely gets decided Friday in that Mooresville/LKN game. If Mooresville and Cox Mill win out, co-champs. If Cox Mill slips up and Mooresville wins out, Mooresville are champs. If Mooresville slips up and Cox Mill wins out, Cox Mill champs.

AL Brown 54
Mooresville 92

Lake Norman 78
South Iredell 59

Hough 61
West Cabarrus 56

Cox Mill 56
Hickory Ridge 55 F/OT
—————————————

wednesday schedule

AL Brown at Hickory Ridge

Cox Mill at Independence

West Cabarrus at Lake Norman

I went to the Mooresville n LN game. This rival always live up to its expectations. All I can say is wow what a game. I hate that Mooresville lost in the boys game. 80-73. But the place was packed and electricfying. I will let the Mooresville posters weight in on what they saw. I think the boys JV game went to a tie in OT 58-58. Not sure why they didn’t let them play in 2 OTs. I know I haven’t been to a game that was so electric. But I’m sure this normal every year both these teams

Took me over 20 mins or so to get out of the parking lot of Lake Norman. But that still doesn’t rival the parking during the Lake Norman n Mooresville football back in ‘14. Lol. Seriously looking forward to the conference tournament. Would not be surprised to see Mooresville n LN to battle another game in the tournament. Now that would be another classic.

ALL i will say is : U cant not have JV officials do a Varsity Rivalry game. WAY TO INCONSISTENT and LN wanted it more. LN changed up their D in the 4th and Mooresville lost the ball game bc LN adjusted and Mooresville didnt and They shut down KC shaw who had only 13 pts who avg 21 pts going into the LN game.

Not even mad about the varsity game. Lots of fouls but it was called fair on both sides. That was always going to be an insanely hard environment to walk into looking for a championship. It was just a genuinely good basketball game between two very good teams.

Now what I am highly pissed about is how LN literally STOLE the JV championship away from us. That was some scummy stuff there. But I hope they can enjoy it, it wasn’t earned

If anyone is wondering what I’m referring to in regards to the JV game, Man have I got a story for you today. This is a good one 😂😂

Mooresville at Lake Norman Friday night. For the JV guys and Varsity guys titles. Mooresville’s coach (JV) gets tossed. Varsity coach coaches rest of JV. Mooresville forces OT at the buzzer in JV guys. Down 3, LN hits buzzer beater 3 to tie and send to second OT.

Or so I thought.

Lake Norman AD waved off second OT and ended game in a Tie.

The tie gave Lake Norman the JV title over Mooresville. 💀💀💀💀💀💀💀

Wow crazy. The love between them two. Lol. I’m hoping for a rematch in the conference tournament. Talking about crowd crazy event. If that happens and I’m off from work, count me in to watch another episode.

WBB Round 1 results

1. Lake Norman
————————————
BYE

5. West Cabarrus 36
————————————-
4. Mooresville. 51

7. AL Brown 26
————————————
2. Hickory Ridge 72.

6. South Iredell 48
————————————
3. Cox Mill. 59

Round 2 Games Wednesday at Lake Norman

3. Cox Mill vs 2 Hickory Ridge- 6pm

4. Mooresville vs 1. Lake Norman 730pn

MBB Round 1 results

#1 Cox Mill
———————————-
BYE

#5 Hickory Ridge 61
———————————-
#4 Lake Norman 70

#6 South Iredell 62
———————————-
#3 West Cabarrus 66

#7 AL Brown 42
———————————
#2 Mooresville 80

Round 2 Matchups

#4 Lake Norman
—————————-Thur 7:30 PM at LKN
#1 Cox Mill

#3 West Cabarrus
—————————-Thur 6pm at LKN
#2 Mooresville

WBB Semi Final Results

4. Mooresville 29
—————————-
1. Lake Norman 76

3. Cox Mill 39
—————————-
2. Hickory Ridge 54

1. Lake Norman vs 2. Hickory Ridge for the ship.

We suck again lol. West Cabarrus beat us 77-70 in OT. We were extremely fortunate to even make a game of that, west out efforted us up and down the floor all night long. We honestly played like a team that deserved to lose by 20

One thing about this conference which l like. And it’s what I thought it would be when they proposed of it. It’s really competitive. Basketball for most part in this conference, you just never know. Looking forward to big tournament time. Best of luck to all the teams left in this conference.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Lake Norman girls won the conference tournament over Hickory Ridge 44-38. Still waiting on the boys game Lake Norman n West Cabarrus.

Latest update I got on the boys game. Lake Norman up over West Cabarrus in the 3rd 27-20.

Lake Norman boys won over West Cabarrus 57-53. Looks like Lake Norman won both boys n girls in this tournament.

Does the winner of the conference tournament get the 2 seed and automatic berth for the conference? I know each conference was allowed to choose

That I’m not sure. I certain Hon Dine or someone else can help you with your question.

Does the winner of the conference tournament get the 2 seed and automatic berth for the conference? I know each conference was allowed to choose
I haven’t heard that so BUT That’s what happen to Butler bc they not Out of the players due to Catholic n Others

If Catholic gets the 2 seed and Butler is seeded as a wild card, Butler will be on the outside looking in

I don't look for this conference to go far in the playoffs. No team sticks out as a contender?
I do agree.... I think it really depends on the path and matchups..... and I could see Mooresville getting to atleast 2nd/3rd round if we play well n have a favorable match up ..... LKN has been playing well and got their spot within playoff but I think LN isnt as athletic but they do have height n shooter but If they have a non favorable match up they will get bounded , CM could be the one could go the furthest in playoff but they are not the CM of old with Wendell. West Cabarrus is Solid when they are hot but they have play well to get a playoff win

Congratulations to our Blue Devils that made all conference

Dane Stewart
Christian Herring

Congratulations to our conference offensive player of the year- KC Shaw

And big congrats to our GM4 Conference Coach of the Year, Coach Moore.

That Coach of the year award and OPY we’re probably decided in less than 30 seconds lol.

coach Moore is the best hire we’ve made. I’ve said he might be one of the best things to Happen to Mooresville, not just Mooresville Basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT