ADVERTISEMENT

East Forsyth vs Dudley scrimmage 08/12/2015

ForsythFootball

Nov 23, 2014
Lexington
August 12th( #13) ranked east forsyth will scrimmage (#4) Dudley. At Deaton-Thompson stadium (parkland/RJ Reynolds stadium). Kick off is set for 6PM. When the Eagles and Panthers square up in the coming week there could be at least a dozen division one kids on the field should be a good game with a lot of play makers.

That could be one of if not the best Scrimmage game in the State this year. Dudley is loaded again and East has their fair share of play makers. In my opinion Dudley should (if teams actually keep score) win. I think they'll be on a mission this year to prove a point after what happened last season. I also think East Forsyth is a year a way from being really good. Don't get me wrong they still have several big time players and are going to win a lot of games but they are young.

It's a scrimmage.Great warm up game for Dudley before the season starts.

Other teams there will be West Stokes. Parkland. Smith. South View. McMichael

It's a scrimmage.Great warm up game for Dudley before the season starts.
Yes! It will be a great warm up for East Forsyth as well. I was looking on Maxpreps the other day and both East and Dudley have a pretty tough schedule this year in my opinion.

EAST FORSYTH SCHEDULE
Mt Tabor
RJR
West Forsyth
Reagan
Grimsley
Page
HP Central
Glenn (Rivalry Game)
SW Guilford
Ragsdale
NW Guilford

DUDLEY SCHEDULE
Ragsdale
Hillside
Davie
Pine Forest
Richmond
Ben L. Smith (Rivalry Game)
Southern Alamance
Grimsley
Page
SE Guilford (Everyone in the Triad is ready to see this one!)

Warhead1. Sorry my delivery is horrible. It will be stiff competition that will get them ready for the season after that debacle they had last year.

Warhead1. Sorry my delivery is horrible. It will be stiff competition that will get them ready for the season after that debacle they had last year.
Are you referring to Dudley having a debacle or East Forsyth? I mean that 2nd round game vs Providence was a debacle if you ask me.

Yes! It will be a great warm up for East Forsyth as well. I was looking on Maxpreps the other day and both East and Dudley have a pretty tough schedule this year in my opinion.

EAST FORSYTH SCHEDULE
Mt Tabor
RJR
West Forsyth
Reagan
Grimsley
Page
HP Central
Glenn (Rivalry Game)
SW Guilford
Ragsdale
NW Guilford

DUDLEY SCHEDULE
Ragsdale
Hillside
Davie
Pine Forest
Richmond
Ben L. Smith (Rivalry Game)
Southern Alamance
Grimsley
Page
SE Guilford (Everyone in the Triad is ready to see this one!)

Forest Oaks will not be a happy place that night.

Are you referring to Dudley having a debacle or East Forsyth? I mean that 2nd round game vs Providence was a debacle if you ask me.
I think both were debacles only East blew a good lead to a scrappy never give up Providence team. Dudley's debacle was because of people in the place of authority didn't know or quite understand the difference between Jr's and 8 Quarter JV Freshman/Sophomores rule.

I think both were debacles only East blew a good lead to a scrappy never give up Providence team. Dudley's debacle was because of people in the place of authority didn't know or quite understand the difference between Jr's and 8 Quarter JV Freshman/Sophomores rule.
What happened to Dudley was not right. SE Guilford had info on them going back years and I fully believe would've used it against Dudley in 2013 had they beaten Catholic and advanced to a regional final.
Obviously Dudley broke the rules, but the way SE Guilford went about it was not right.

If you ignore the past of the two teams and talk about the future.

In all honesty who is likely to win the scrimmage if they keep score in everyone's opinions?

Last season both teams only common game was against Ragsdale

Dudley won 42-0
East won 42-17 (with ragsdales points a all scored in the 4th quarter against the twos and threes.)

If you ignore the past of the two teams and talk about the future.

In all honesty who is likely to win the scrimmage if they keep score in everyone's opinions?

Last season both teams only common game was against Ragsdale

Dudley won 42-0
East won 42-17 (with ragsdales points a all scored in the 4th quarter against the twos and threes.)
They won't keep score and if they do it's kind of crazy. Scrimmage games are supposed to be glorified practices against a team in a different uniform. If they want to play preseason games they should call them that and do special teams and everything.

In the end I think Dudley is the better team on paper right now. If they were playing a real game I would give Dudley a 10 point advantage

I just meant which team everyone thought wAs better and who would dominate the field more but okay then?
Yes hopefully everyone knows it's not a real game but put two teams that like to win on a field and one team is going to compete and do better than the other

I have seen Dudley play in a scrimmage. Their coaches and players are jumping around like it's the State Championship game. They are very intense.

ncprepphotos, Who is in that jamboree bedside parkland and does it start at 6PM "sammyk, Other teams there will be West Stokes. Parkland. Smith. South View. McMichael
and the word we hearing is 6pm

East Forsyth's 2014 come from ahead loss against Providence was the biggest debacle last year for any team that competed in the playoffs. EF had Providence down in that game, but for some odd reason, the wind left their sails after halftime. I give the Providence coaching staff a lot of credit for not giving up. Providence came back, EF panicked and didn't make adjustments, and Providence won. Good coaches can exploit such weaknesses in a team, and Providence sure did that night.

I had a chance to make the trip out to Parkland tonight to see the Dudley East Forsyth scrimmage. Man neither offense could get much of anything going because those are two of the fastest most physical defenses I've seen this Preseason. It looked like they had a running clock going and it was a 10 play O 10 play D format. Dudley scored on their first possession on an inside breaking post route on the last play of the series . Then East WR #2 made an awesome one handed grab for a TD over a Dudley Corner on the last play of their series. East then had a pick 6 when the LB jumped a quick out and took it the other way.

The story of the night for me was how fast and physical both defenses were. Both teams have a ton of speed at LB and those boys can lay the wood.

Reactions: ForsythFootball
I also went to the East/Dudley scrimmage and I agree with the previous assessment. However I found it odd that against Dudley East sat out Christian Beal #1(Wake rb committ) I thought he may have been hurt but he played against Parkland so I found that odd!! Now I was impressed with Dudley's defense!! When they're in their patented cover 2 defense they're really something!! Speed on all levels and aggressive!! Their corners are physical against receivers and they take away the flats also!!! Idk if East gained a total of 15 yards on their first 10 plays. Now East was different on offense without Beal and they're struggling at the qb position so they have some work to do on offense!! (All teams do at this time of year) Now East defense was playing downhill and aggressive after Dudley scored on its first possession and I thought it was odd that Chrishon Springs #15 didn't play defense. East defense was good at getting off blocks and making tackles. They seemed a little nervous at first but after Dudley's first score they locked in. Now on offense I thought Dudley was hamstrung by the no qb contact rule cause Hooker zone read runs are a big part of their offense!! The qb couldn't run cause they blew the play dead when someone got close. Hooker throws well but still needs more touch on his throws but I'm sure that will improve throughout the year. I think Dudley will be Dudley meaning they'll be very hard to score in and they'll score just enough to win. They're so disciplined and well coached!! Those kids are in position and they play fast and loose. As a Carver fan I'm extremely concerned about how we will sustain drives. East will be solid but they'll need to greatly improve at qb to be a threat. With that said they'll be tough to beat in Forsyth County but outside those confines they can be had.

I thought it was a good scrimmage teams seemed to have kept it simple and did not show too much. Good crown and competition. I know they are AA but West stokes looked pretty good as well but there was no doubt that East vs Dudle was the big ticket

However I found it odd that against Dudley East sat out Christian Beal #1(Wake rb committ) I thought he may have been hurt but he played against Parkland so I found that odd!!

Butler does the same thing in some of their multi-team scrimmages (holds out their best players against the best opponent). I don't know what the logic process is behind that, unless you think that maybe you'll see the other team in the playoffs and don't want to give them too much match up information ahead of time? It's a curious thing to me as well.

The best QB east had last night was the rising 10th grader Brandon bullins he is the captain of there JV team. Just a question of when they will move him up. He had some amazing plays when they scrimmaged Parkland.

They didn't play Beal a lot because he twisted his ankle about a week ago and also wanted to keep him rested for North Davidson Friday. They used Nique Martin a lot yesterday as there primary go to guy and he will probably rest a lot Friday night. Beal only went in against Dudley after Nique took a big hit and had to rest a few plays. They did the same thing with Madison cone giving him limited reps to keep him rested for North Davidson. Long story short they don't want to hurt their major play makers is what it looked like.

I was impressed with how parklands improved they aren't at a conference winning level but I don't think they will come in last either. Despite some holes and coaching flaws they have the talent, speed and size to win a few games.

Lol

Everyone at the jamboree I talked to said the same thing about parkland and the QB

And the thing about resting some players was on Wxii sports night the other day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT