ADVERTISEMENT

Crest Defense LOI

That's wonderful for those kids. Much respect for their accomplishments. One day if we're all real lucky they'll start a website called NCCOLLEGEBOUNDSTUDENTS from Newton Conover. That way you and the 2 other people that care won't trash up the 3A football board on this website.

I still love you like brother Rulz. Now I gotta get back to the recruiting trail before we get another 50 dropped on us like a bomb.

Don't worry GDG, the whole Crest defense will be taken to school their first game in August.

Hopefully Seadog the Crest faithful will leave those glow shirts at home this year and stick with the green smile they are well known for.

Originally posted by Godevilsgo:
Damn little 2A school with mediocre talent and coaches who appreciate their kids. Sad little Newton. Land of opportunity. By the way three more kids in soccer signed letters last week. More to come in other sports.
Back at you boss man. In all seriousness much respect for those kids and their accomplishments. .

Originally posted by chargerbacker1:
Seadog......Aug. is a long time to let that CROW marinate....It should be real tasty by then.

Spoken by a true expert!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Seeing the progress made by Red Raiders from game one to the playoff game you will see another classic battle. Crest will be favored but Belmont is a true test for great programs. This most likely will be the only threat on the schedule for the Chargers with all that comes back on defense.

Speaking of what does the Crest schedule look like? Ashbrook and Roberson still on the schedule or they replaced by some other team?

I'm praying Roberson is gone...I'll take almost anyone else. Gaffney, Charlotte Catholic, Butler, Indy...All would be awesome. All probably not going to happen...More Realistic, ACR, Asheville, L-town, East L-town...Maybe even like a Concord, or West Rowan, or A.L. Brown, Possibly Weddington? I'd even take Statesville.

Originally posted by crestcharger02:
Speaking of what does the Crest schedule look like? Ashbrook and Roberson still on the schedule or they replaced by some other team?
Same schedule as last year according to the Star. Just the home and away are different, of course.

Originally posted by crestrulz:

Same schedule as last year according to the Star. Just the home and away are different, of course.
Crap....

Well maybe that Ashbrook JV squad will pump some life into their varsity team.

In all seriousness Crest is a great program, but can't understand
why they don't schedule some real competition. Nationally recognized
programs schedule non conf games that are conducive to rankings.
Believe Crest would move up another level by doing this.
This post was edited on 4/1 10:06 AM by patsfball

Well maybe that Ashbrook JV squad will pump some life into their varsity team.
I hope so. The middle of the season got awful boring last year.

Originally posted by patsfball:
They tried that in 97 when they were nationally ranked by playing Gaffney and Shelby in back to back weeks but it just didn't work out.

Originally posted by SHS LION:

Originally posted by patsfball:
They tried that in 97 when they were nationally ranked by playing Gaffney and Shelby in back to back weeks but it just didn't work out.
happy0028.r191677.gif

Originally posted by crest91:

I'm praying Roberson is gone...I'll take almost anyone else. Gaffney, Charlotte Catholic, Butler, Indy...All would be awesome. All probably not going to happen...More Realistic, ACR, Asheville, L-town, East L-town...Maybe even like a Concord, or West Rowan, or A.L. Brown, Possibly Weddington? I'd even take Statesville.
It would be nice to see Crest play an NPC team in the non conference. I remember Crest and South Iredell used to play back in the 90's. One year Crest brought a high powered highly ranked team to South and got the game of their life. A guy I know named D'Andre Hopper quarterbacked that team. I believe he later went to Livingstone and played.

The talent pool in Cleveland County is the fountain that just keeps giving. I saw Shelby win the their title in Winston in December. It's just almost unfair that a 2A team has that much good talent and coaching ( a great thing). I was very disappointed in the game however. The game was a mismatch, Shelby was way better. However it was fun to sit and chat with their fans.

I saw East Lincoln win their ship also. A Shelby/East Lincoln matchup would have been interesting but I believe Shelby would have won by double digits easily.

This post was edited on 4/2 9:48 PM by blazer236

This post was edited on 4/2 10:01 PM by blazer236

Blazer, to hell with the inbreds from Cleveland County. Let's get a Red Raider vs Greyhound series going! Hope all is well.

Originally posted by seadog28:
Blazer, to hell with the inbreds from Cleveland County. Let's get a Red Raider vs Greyhound series going! Hope all is well.
Seadog you MIND READER!! As I was posting previously, I was also thinking of a Greyhound series with the Red Nasties from B-town. It would be GLORIOUS!!
eek.r191677.gif

All is well with me my friend and I hope all is well with you and yours. Just trying to keep from grinding my teeth down while waiting on August to hurry-up and get here. Darn it August.....will you get a MOVE-ON-IT?
mad.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT