ADVERTISEMENT

Crest Defense LOI

HitmanT

Jul 25, 2007
I knew Crest had a few seniors on what was the greatest D of all time. Just wondering where some of them were headed? I haven't seen anything in the paper?

That's because you are looking at the college signings. You should have been looking for the NFL signings.

Wish all those boys the best and hope some can make some things happen on a D2 level. Some have made some bad choices and hopefully they can get things on track and get in school.

The fact that the Crest coaching staff put together what has been referred to as possibly the best high school defensive unit in NC history without any big time D-1 prospects is a testament to the coaching staff and the kids. This defense was loaded with coach-able, fast, hard nosed, disciplined, and talented kids.

Great Job coaches and players...... You earned those championship rings.

Originally posted by ImaCrestFan:
The fact that the Crest coaching staff put together what has been referred to as possibly the best high school defensive unit in NC history without any big time D-1 prospects is a testament to the coaching staff and the kids. This defense was loaded with coach-able, fast, hard nosed, disciplined, and talented kids.

Great Job coaches and players...... You earned those championship rings.
I thought your recruiting pitch was that you need to come to Crest to get noticed?
confused0006.r191677.gif

What he is really saying, crest high school football team had Division 1 football talent but none of the players can qualify for college

Think I read something the other day that around 4% of high school
football players go on to play division 1 or division 2. Always
a lot of talk and hype, but when fall comes around very few are playing
football.

Originally posted by BIGDOG NATION:
What he is really saying, crest high school football team had Division 1 football talent but none of the players can qualify for college
I think you'll see plenty of D1 talent this year that can qualify for college. They were in the 10th and 11th grade last year, so college was not an option. Just so there is no issue with what I am saying. When your team can beat our team then we might take anything you type seriously, but I doubt it.

Come on down tonight and watch our players get there rings. We are the UNDEFEATED 3A and 2A State Champs.

Originally posted by crestrulz:

I think you'll see plenty of D1 talent this year that can qualify for college. They were in the 10th and 11th grade last year, so college was not an option. Just so there is no issue with what I am saying. When your team can beat our team then we might take anything you type seriously, but I doubt it.

Come on down tonight and watch our players get there rings. We are the UNDEFEATED 3A and 2A State Champs.
Will that be at the Quik Snack in Boiling Springs or the Gym? Shelby had theirs at the LeGrand Center. Btw quit trying to sell everyone on this notion that your D was all sophomores and juniors to hide the fact the 5 that were Seniors didn't go anywhere. Its embarrassing.
rolleye0005.r191677.gif

Originally posted by HitmanT:

Will that be at the Quik Snack in Boiling Springs or the Gym? Shelby had theirs at the LeGrand Center. Btw quit trying to sell everyone on this notion that your D was all sophomores and juniors to hide the fact the 5 that were Seniors didn't go anywhere. Its embarrassing.
rolleye0005.r191677.gif
I think we'll have plenty go over the next few years. And, I don't care where they handed our rings to your players. On the field where it counted, they couldn't deal with us. You were there. You left early but you were there. I bet you cursed all the way home, and dogged Lance out like you're known to do when it is not going good.

You keep trying "little man". Do what you must to feel better about being a fan of the second best team in Cleveland County. But hey, second best is still better than being a Burns fan. There is always that.

We get to beat you on that big pretty field next year. It will still feel the same to you.

Stupidly posted by HitmanT:
Shelby had theirs at the LeGrand Center.
Just look what you've been reduced to. I had to revisit this because after I left, the though of it made me laugh. it's sad, and I feel sorry for you. This was a sad attempt to make Shelby and YOU feel better. It's all you knew to do, wasn't it? This is how it reads to me

" Yea crestrulz you might have beaten us, but so what, they handed Shelby their rings in a big fancy place"
laugh.r191677.gif

You clown!

Hell HT they couldn't have given the Shelby players our rings at Shelby High. They wouldn't have made it out of the parking lot with them, and who would you hire to pick up all the severed ring fingers once the looting was over?

They should just hold off on handing out rings until next season at Blanton Stadium. Crest will already be getting their SMAC Trophy that day and it might as well be a home away from home for Crest.

you're right you will have TWO division 1 football players for the class of 2016 who can qualify next year Mr. HARBISON and Mr. WILLIS. so do not kid yourself those are the only two players for the class of 2016 that can play college football.

Stupidly posted by HitmanT:
Shelby had theirs at the LeGrand Center.
Just look what you've been reduced to. I had to revisit this because after I left, the though of it made me laugh. it's sad, and I feel sorry for you. This was a sad attempt to make Shelby and YOU feel better. It's all you knew to do, wasn't it? This is how it reads to me

" Yea crestrulz you might have beaten us, but so what, they handed Shelby their rings in a big fancy place"
laugh.r191677.gif

You clown!

Hell HT they couldn't have given the Shelby players our rings at Shelby High. They wouldn't have made it out of the parking lot with them, and who would you hire to pick up all the severed ring fingers once the looting was over?
Speaking of looters I'm hearing some of your players aren't even in school anymore.And you also reminded me that you guys never gave the Lions their BIG 3AA championship rings from 2003.
laugh.r191677.gif

you're right you will have TWO division 1 football players for the class of 2016 who can qualify next year Mr. HARBISON and Mr. WILLIS. so do not kid yourself those are the only two players for the class of 2016 that can play college football.
Might have a few more make it to 1AA or D2 ball.

Need to start whipping those SAT scores. Life is hard when you sell shoes at the mall for Finish Line and talk about your championship ring like Al Bundy.

Last Saturday all returning seniors did take SATs! LOL Beam putting in for every job trying to jump ship already!

What are all the jobs has Matty put in for Crestuff? Did he have an application in for Crest? Others?

Can't imagine why Matt wouldn't be happy in Newton. Lots of tradition and
no shortage of athletes. Is he really unhappy or is this just the Crest folk
having fun?

There is no reason for Matt beam to be unhappy at Newton-Conover. He has been given everything a coach could want. There is no county AD, no county administrators looking out for other schools, no school board with ties to other schools, and an admin that realizes football is the cash king. Add that the salary is not dictated by four to seven other schools makes this a much easier path to operate in.

There are maybe four schools in the entire state with this setup. A coach could not have a better environment. Does that mean Newton is the premiere job? Depends on the definition of a premier job. Others have much more talent. Others get more recognition due to classification. Unfortunately East Lincoln and Lincolnton are the most talented football schools in the SD7 and that trend will not end in 2015.

I know you guys in Cleveland County like to move around a lot so I just wanted to let everyone in the Cleveland area know we have a large supply of rentable apartments and houses at really good discounts. There are some great deals here in the area. Just looking out for my friends down in Cleveland County.

And did I mention Coach Beam has got seven kids scholarships from this year. Just something off the top of my head. Wow that man sure does come thru for his kids. Just think if we had Cleveland County talent. Oh well, don't forget the low rent here in Newton. Have fun this summer.

This post was edited on 3/26 4:27 PM by Godevilsgo

Great job by Beam for getting that many kids scholarships! I just don't understand how they were not a better team with all those college ballplayers!

I feel sorry for him TUFF. He gets to sit up there and watch no defense and if Beam ever thought about bringing that bunch down this way.......... Slaughter would ensue.

Barnes sent a lot of kids to college. There are more going. Beam and GDG wishes they had a Foster or a Ramseur playing defense in Newton. Heck, he wishes they had anybody playing defense up there. Him and his Freedom pal have been having their fun on here with each other.

You couldn't combine NC and Freedom and find a defense. The difference is Freedom at least has the sand to play Cleveland County. GDG has to worry about Lincoln County...........
laugh.r191677.gif
.... Beam is out of there as soon as someone decent gives him a sniff. He'd have come to Crest in a quick minute if they'd have said come on.

scared0018.r191677.gif

Rulz Posted:

I feel sorry for him TUFF. He gets to sit up there and watch no defense and if Beam ever thought about bringing that bunch down this way.......... Slaughter would ensue.

Barnes sent a lot of kids to college. There are more going. Beam and GDG wishes they had a Foster or a Ramseur playing defense in Newton. Heck, he wishes they had anybody playing defense up there. Him and his Freedom pal have been having their fun on here with each other.

You couldn't combine NC and Freedom and find a defense. The difference is Freedom at least has the sand to play Cleveland County. GDG has to worry about Lincoln County........... .... Beam is out of there as soon as someone decent gives him a sniff. He'd have come to Crest in a quick minute if they'd have said come on.

's............................

GDG

I'm no accountant but $100,000 x 7= $700,000.00

8 starters x $300.00 rings = $2400.00. Make sure those rings don't fall in the MCDonald fry vat.

Dude, our defense struggled with the pass - something Crest didn't have.
I like our chances against the run dominant Chargers last season. Our
weakness was revealed by a good passing team, again, something Crest
didn't have. You're right we don't mind playing Cleveland County!!!!
Burns, Crest, Shelby - You play one you've played them all.

Originally posted by patsfball:
Dude, our defense struggled with the pass - something Crest didn't have.
I like our chances against the run dominant Chargers last season. Our
weakness was revealed by a good passing team, again, something Crest
didn't have. You're right we don't mind playing Cleveland County!!!!
Burns, Crest, Shelby - You play one you've played them all.
You guys got beat in the first round and had a struggle with Burns. Please.

Originally posted by Godevilsgo:
Rulz Posted:

You couldn't combine NC and Freedom and find a defense. The difference is Freedom at least has the sand to play Cleveland County. GDG has to worry about Lincoln County........... .... Beam is out of there as soon as someone decent gives him a sniff. He'd have come to Crest in a quick minute if they'd have said come on.

's............................

GDG

I'm no accountant but $100,000 x 7= $700,000.00

8 starters x $300.00 rings = $2400.00. Make sure those rings don't fall in the MCDonald fry vat.
Still, nothing I typed was not true. You can insult our kids, I don't care, the fact is, they don't either. Beam is gone soon. He's not going to be happy in 2A playing mediocre football, with mediocre talent. It's sad a team can score 40 and lose. You know it! SAD! Enjoy it. It gets worse next year. You'll be over here on the 3a board sucking hind tit, because you won't be able to run your sausage sucker on the 2a board.

Freedom SUCKS! You know it and I know it. That running back wouldn't have got 15 yards against us and he'd have ended up in the meat wagon. Broke down with another bag of weed.

LOL Rulz.

It wouldn't matter if we played on our skunk weed field or the Crest Chargers Meth
Dome, that running back would hurt you! ESPN recently ranked him #4 in the nation!!

He would have never got started because his O Line would not be able to block us!

Originally posted by patsfball:
LOL Rulz.

It wouldn't matter if we played on our skunk weed field or the Crest Chargers Meth
Dome, that running back would hurt you! ESPN recently ranked him #4 in the nation!!
He'd get broke up! You can't block us. That's why he got bounced early in the playoffs, because the rest of you team SUCKS!

Still, nothing I typed was not true. You can insult our kids, I don't care, the fact is, they don't either. Beam is gone soon. He's not going to be happy in 2A playing mediocre football, with mediocre talent. It's sad a team can score 40 and lose. You know it! SAD! Enjoy it. It gets worse next year. You'll be over here on the 3a board sucking hind tit, because you won't be able to run your sausage sucker on the 2a board.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A. Beam makes more money than he will see at any school in North Carolina. His assistant he brought makes more than any head coach in North Carolina. Money talks.
B. When Beam was hired the board and super were more impressed with his skills of getting kids prepared for the future than being top in football. Fact.
C. Seven kids will be continuing their education. That is important to us. After all is said and done one must find rewards for those who help make you successful. Beam continued to work for the kids long after the season was over. Barnes took his title and left the kids empty. You can't tell me you didn't have more skilled kids than Newton. Matter of fact you typed it. So why not seek opportunities for the kids before dashing off with the ring from the backs of kids? I know a couple coaches that recruit this western part of North Carolina and both have said Crest does not contact either about kids.
D. Maybe you can explain how a championship team cannot parlay success into one scholarship for a kid and this mediocre school and coach over in Newton sends seven off. Crest kids deserve better. Pat Barnes on the back for me and all those Chargers that were expecting more.

You keep chirping GDG. Go look at our roster, lots of underclassmen who'll be going to college when they GRADUATE high school. That has to happen first at most places.

If Beam wants to make money and SUCK, good for him. He's in the right place. He can make money and SUCK!

Like I said if Crest would have said come on. Well, you know the rest. Not SUCKING is important to some folks. He's one of them.

Damn little 2A school with mediocre talent and coaches who appreciate their kids. Sad little Newton. Land of opportunity. By the way three more kids in soccer signed letters last week. More to come in other sports.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT