8EAST GASTON9.0
9RANDLEMAN9.4
10BANDYS ⚔️10.6
11WEST LINCOLN 💥10.8
12MAIDEN 🔱12.2
13CS DAVIDSON13.0
14CHASE13.6
15BREVARD14.2

Clinton has another top matchup with a more than likely 5-0 Princeton. Wonder if they can hold on to the ball with their single wing offense and keep it close going into the fourth

Reactions: Maiden Creek
So Whiteville is ranked #12 in East and James Kenan is ranked #8, Whiteville beat JK 42-7 Not sure if Whiteville is ranked too high or too low but definitely is better than JK. Both teams are 3-1. Maybe Wiz can shed some light on this:)

So Whiteville is ranked #12 in East and James Kenan is ranked #8, Whiteville beat JK 42-7 Not sure if Whiteville is ranked too high or too low but definitely is better than JK. Both teams are 3-1. Maybe Wiz can shed some light on this:)
I average rankings from 5 different sources. MaxPreps and CalPreps don't even have Whiteville in their top 15 East. So that brings their average ranking down.

Whiteville should be ranked better than JK but like he said for some reason Max Preps and Cal Preps doesn't even list them in the 2A rankings which is weird cause they were in them last year.

Clinton has another top matchup with a more than likely 5-0 Princeton. Wonder if they can hold on to the ball with their single wing offense and keep it close going into the fourth
Princeton will be 4-0 not 5-0 they had a error on their schedule of a game they had not played against SSS that was posted during their bye week but now Max Preps has fixed it. They should be 4-0 but they are keeping games so close Richlands might surprise them tonight but I hope they are 4-0 when come to play Clinton. I don't think Princeton will have enough athletes to keep up with Clinton but your right that Single Wing offense can burn the clock and keep the ball out of Clinton's hands to keep the game close. Seems to be their style this season.

Here are your top 15 East and West:

Consensus RankEastAVG Rank
1CLINTON1.0
2EAST DUPLIN2.0
3N'EASTERN4.0
4NASH CENT4.8
5WRH5.2
6PRINCETON6.2
7HERTFORD CO7.4
8JAMES KENAN9.6
9NORTH PITT9.8
10HOLMES10.2
11WEST CRAVEN10.6
12WHITEVILLE10.8
13CUMMINGS12.6
13FAMVILLE CENT13.2
15S GRANVILLE14.6

Consensus RankWestAVG Rank
1SALISBURY1.6
2BURNS2.4
3MONROE3.4
4FOREST HILLS3.8
5REIDSVILLE5.2
5SHELBY5.2
7BUNKER HILL 🐻7.4
8EAST GASTON9.0
9RANDLEMAN9.4
10BANDYS ⚔️10.6
11WEST LINCOLN 💥10.8
12MAIDEN 🔱12.2
13CS DAVIDSON13.0
14CHASE13.6
15BREVARD14.2
Thank you for these post. They are really helpful. I wish Max Preps kept it seperated East and West like they used to years ago. Other than Whiteville and your reason makes sense I think this is totally correct but fans will still always complain.

g
Princeton will be 4-0 not 5-0 they had a error on their schedule of a game they had not played against SSS that was posted during their bye week but now Max Preps has fixed it. They should be 4-0 but they are keeping games so close Richlands might surprise them tonight but I hope they are 4-0 when come to play Clinton. I don't think Princeton will have enough athletes to keep up with Clinton but your right that Single Wing offense can burn the clock and keep the ball out of Clinton's hands to keep the game close. Seems to be their style this season.
Richlands is going to beat Princeton. Richlands is not a bad team.

g
Richlands is going to beat Princeton. Richlands is not a bad team.
I agree with what your saying. I honestly do think Richland's will beat them but I would rather them be 4-0 when we play them. Plus I have to pull for Princeton cause that is where I played football at back in the day. Think that game definitely could go either way. I will be pulling for the Dark Horses though when Princeton plays them cause my son is a Dark Horse.

Reactions: oldway55
I average rankings from 5 different sources. MaxPreps and CalPreps don't even have Whiteville in their top 15 East. So that brings their average ranking down.
Whiteville is ranked in Max Preps…just not in 2a.

Look at state wide Max Preps rankings. Whiteville is there….I don’t know why they are not showing up in the 2a rankings.

Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
Why would "Margin of Victory" have precedence over Strength of Schedule.. Maxpreps overall ranking average for each teams opponents All Classes for Burns is 91 and Salisbury's is 221. Not quite the same level of competition. Points for and Points against lean heavily for Burns even compared to Clinton. ( I will post again after the next round of games.)

I agree with what your saying. I honestly do think Richland's will beat them but I would rather them be 4-0 when we play them. Plus I have to pull for Princeton cause that is where I played football at back in the day. Think that game definitely could go either way. I will be pulling for the Dark Horses though when Princeton plays them cause my son is a Dark Horse.
I understand your reasoning. But Richlands is better than people think. They got the win tonight

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT