ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to 6 Crest Chargers...

smashmouth5

Aug 25, 2001
Got invited back for another look at getting selected for the Shrine Bowl.
RB Tre Harbison
OL Chris Jones
OL Kollin Byers
LB Malik Hopper
LB Aaron Ramseur
DE Chris Willis

Congrats to these young men

Good luck to all of these kids. Lets hope the good ole boy train that made its way doesn't happen this year. Leaving off the North Carolina Gatorade Player of the Year was a joke.

Josh Ladowski, who set the all time NC record for offense in a season. Then at the last moment adds Josh to the roster after a lot of talk on the boards. Also putting on a kid who did nothing for 4 years of high school football. Shrine Bowl Selection is a joke, or at least last year.

Crest Kids-just remember if you don't make it to the team there may be other reasons than your skill set. Football selection in NC is like politics in NC.

Reactions: coondog8585
Two players maximum per high school team can be selected so four of those will definitely not make the team.

Crest is so loaded this year I would just send their team to represent North Carolina.

Reactions: crestmas
Two players maximum per high school team can be selected so four of those will definitely not make the team.

images

No you have this years best team,Shelby has the best program.
Let's see, who won last year? Who won the year before that? Cleveland County, The SMAC belongs to Crest. You're 2A paper champions. Your record has been padded by playing down in a weak division and everyone around here knows it. If you played for Championships with the likes of Northern Guilford, Catholic, West Rowan, South Point (who also beat you), Shelby would be exposed as the frauds they are. < That's straight up seriousness right there..

The sad thing is you know it's true.. You have 3AA numbers on your football team we all know it. You beat up on smaller teams not schools, and brag about your program while losing to anyone who can put up a fight. The only two decent teams you played last year, beat you. <That's facts. The rest of the teams you played were jokes!

Crest is Cleveland County football. Go back to the stone age if it helps you sleep. Where's RJ playing ball at this year? I only ask because the last time I saw him, he was on his back, all dirty, with grass in his facemask. You had already left, so you might not have saw what I saw.

Good luck to these young men! IMHO, they have to take two of them.

Let's see, who won last year? Who won the year before that? Cleveland County, The SMAC belongs to Crest. You're 2A paper champions. Your record has been padded by playing down in a weak division and everyone around here knows it. If you played for Championships with the likes of Northern Guilford, Catholic, West Rowan, South Point (who also beat you), Shelby would be exposed as the frauds they are. < That's straight up seriousness right there..

The sad thing is you know it's true.. You have 3AA numbers on your football team we all know it. You beat up on smaller teams not schools, and brag about your program while losing to anyone who can put up a fight. The only two decent teams you played last year, beat you. <That's facts. The rest of the teams you played were jokes!

Crest is Cleveland County football. Go back to the stone age if it helps you sleep. Where's RJ playing ball at this year? I only ask because the last time I saw him, he was on his back, all dirty, with grass in his facemask. You had already left, so you might not have saw what I saw.

7 State Titles to your 5 (it took y'all 10 years to finally get a 5th)
You played Forestview (Lol) in the third round last year in that strong little 3A.
We would have won the 3A State Title last year and we both know it.
Y'all schedule cupcakes every year with the exception of South Point to pad your overall record.
As long as we own the overall record against Crest, this is still our county. (That's fact)

Your delusional but that's to be expected considering your team.

Reactions: Chargers#1
You played Forestview (Lol) in the third round last year in that strong little 3A.
Y'all schedule cupcakes every year with the exception of South Point to pad your overall record.
As long as we own the overall record against Crest, this is still our county. (That's fact)

We've beat you the last two times you've won a Title. Our schedule is the same as yours regular season, but the playoffs are a different story. You play weak watered down competition. All that I typed was true. Only a nitwit such as yourself, would type otherwise
The SMAC standings say who owns what. Look at them.

Havelock would have destroyed Shelby. RJ was weak when pressured. We proved it every time we played him. He padded his stats on weak teams with no chance. He scored once on us in two years.

You type what you must, but the fact is Crest is recognized as the premier program around here. Hell man, if you can't beat us where is the argument?

Who did Shelby play in any round of the playoffs............... LOL! Clown!

Cupcakes would be right. Crest is like a man that beats women - Rulz and 91
understands this well. Men (Crest) that beat women (weaker opponents)
finally run into one with a big brother (Shelby, Freedom) for instance...
that beats him (Crest) to death. I feel ya hitman, Shelby has done this
a number of times. Maybe the new slogan at Shelby should be 'Big Brother'.

Why would we had left when it was 13 to 0 going to fourth qt.Please go back and look at the highlights and watch Willie.He was carried off the field three times.Worst QB beating I have ever seen.Bottom line little 3a football is horrible and that is what yall play little 3a football.Forestview in the quarterfinals of the state :)

Why would we had left when it was 13 to 0 going to fourth qt.Please go back and look at the highlights and watch Willie.He was carried off the field three times.Worst QB beating I have ever seen.Bottom line little 3a football is horrible and that is what yall play little 3a football.Forestview in the quarterfinals of the state :)

I thought the worst QB beating we've ever saw was two years ago when RJ was carried to the hospital in the meat wagon and had to miss the next game. I think you saw it too, but you might have left already I believe it was the Crest defense that caused that, but your memory is selective at best. We played SP which beat Shelby in the Western finals and the three time defending State Champions in the finals. I ask again what decent team did you play in any round? What decent team did you beat all of last year? I'll wait Bob.

Facts are facts. 16-0......... not 14-2....... You played two good teams and lost. If you were 3a, and your team has 3a numbers, you'd be minus two Championships for sure. Prove me wrong.

Name one decent team that Shelby has beaten in the last two years. There ain't one.

Cupcakes would be right. Crest is like a man that beats women - Rulz and 91
understands this well. Men (Crest) that beat women (weaker opponents)
finally run into one with a big brother (Shelby, Freedom) for instance...
that beats him (Crest) to death. I feel ya hitman, Shelby has done this
a number of times. Maybe the new slogan at Shelby should be 'Big Brother'.

The hope was to play 2 seed Freedom in the semifinals but then they folded up to a #15 seed. They gave up 50 points to a 15 seed.

Name one decent team Crest has beat.You always talk how bad Shelby and South Point is so you can't name them and surely do not name Havelock as they were pitiful like you said.

Name one decent team Crest has beat.You always talk how bad Shelby and South Point is so you can't name them and surely do not name Havelock as they were pitiful like you said.
You dodged the question Bob. I know why you dodged the question, because Shelby didn't beat any team that could put up a fight. That's pitiful. You beat no one. That's why none of us care about those titles. You're a 3a team beating up on sorry 2a teams to get them. Let me preach on it.

We beat South Point twice, they beat Shelby - I watched it. - Last year
We beat Forestview, they beat South Point, who beat Shelby - Last year
We beat West Rowan - Lat year
We beat Havelock - Last year
We beat Shelby............. Last year
We beat Northern Guilford 2 years ago
We beat Shelby two years ago

Our list goes on and on Sir.

Now you go get HITMAN, and tell him to come over here and get your back, because those are facts.

Shelby has not beaten one decent team in two years, to prove me wrong all you have to do is NAME 1. Just 1.

I'll wait!

Shelby is 2A and we have beat 2A powers SWO,Clinton.Reidsville twice,and a undefeated best team we played in 2013 North Rowan.Plus some always good much bigger 3A teams Asheville Reynolds,Burns,Kings Mountain.You named Forestview who Shelby destroyed in Jamboree,South Point who Lincolnton beat and a horrible West Rowan team who gave up like 70 to a bad East Rowan team.As for the 2013 Northern Guilford win,that team beat Reidsville by 1 in double overtime and we beat the same Reidsville team 49 to 3.

Shelby ran through a bunch of teams that Crest JV aged players could have at least made it to semifinals last season.

Shelby is 2A and we have beat 2A powers SWO,Clinton.Reidsville twice,and a undefeated best team we played in 2013 North Rowan.Plus some always good much bigger 3A teams Asheville Reynolds,Burns,Kings Mountain.You named Forestview who Shelby destroyed in Jamboree,South Point who Lincolnton beat and a horrible West Rowan team who gave up like 70 to a bad East Rowan team.As for the 2013 Northern Guilford win,that team beat Reidsville by 1 in double overtime and we beat the same Reidsville team 49 to 3.
But Forestview beat South Point who beat Shelby, no?

Look at that litany of awful teams. Crest would have been the 2a Champions 7 years running. Plus we've beaten Shelby the last two years they've won those belts.

We are the best Cleveland County can offer. Prove me otherwise.

Your arguing with the only fan base on the entire preps board, who pumps their lil chest and and pats their own self on the back, when they beat a school in a lower classification.

I was worried the 2A angle wasn't going to be brought up.

Y'all are notorious for criticizing Shelby when they win the 2A for playing weak teams despite it being our classification? When we had 3A size we won State titles in that classification. I've noticed you never apply the same logic to your beloved Chargers since the majority of your State title wins happened when you went from 4A to 3A. Why is that?

Y'all are notorious for criticizing Shelby when they win the 2A for playing weak teams despite it being our classification? When we had 3A size we won State titles in that classification. I've noticed you never apply the same logic to your beloved Chargers since the majority of your State title wins happened when you went from 4A to 3A. Why is that?

This is about you guys hiding behind little 2A when it comes to talking about Crest playing Shelby. That card always gets played.

This is about you guys hiding behind little 2A when it comes to talking about Crest playing Shelby. That card always gets played.
If little 3a Crest played big 4aa Mallard Creek ever year and lost you would play the same card or blame it on the base defense,Jimbob had a cold,Johnny redneck had a sore ankle,to worried about the firework show,PJ and the gang went to see Chris Brown the night before,the Jumbo tron wasn't working or Rulz sat in the wrong seat.

If little 3a Crest played big 4aa Mallard Creek ever year and lost you would play the same card or blame it on the base defense,Jimbob had a cold,Johnny redneck had a sore ankle,to worried about the firework show,PJ and the gang went to see Chris Brown the night before,the Jumbo tron wasn't working or Rulz sat in the wrong seat.

Yeah that sounds like something I'd say. In this instance I'm a former Shelby fan that hopped on Crest bandwagon correct? Kinda like all your former students that fled Shelby and are piling up around Crest. Real shame we didn't let your school rot out to 400 students.

When my oldest son graduated from Crest there was 370 in his senior class and this year there was 270. They must be going some where else.

I don't understand the dumb ass statement "your football team has 3A numbers". That don't have a thing to do with the enrollment numbers at Shelby which is small 2A. Heck, Crest Middle School has to cut due to their annual huge turnouts for football. This is just a testament to the kids love of football in this county.

Little 3A competition was garbage, period. Crest played no one. South Point was your toughest opponent in the playoffs, and we went toe to toe w/ them. Let's not forget, you Crest lames said on many occasions, Shelby was the best team you all played last season. Go back and look at your posts post state championship.

Last edited:
LA, you know the only way to stop that cramper mouth! Punch them in the tooth and tell them dinner is free at the shelter.

I don't understand the dumb ass statement "your football team has 3A numbers". That don't have a thing to do with the enrollment numbers at Shelby which is small 2A. Heck, Crest Middle School has to cut due to their annual huge turnouts for football. This is just a testament to the kids love of football in this county.

Little 3A competition was garbage, period. Crest played no one. South Point was your toughest opponent in the playoffs, and we went toe to toe w/ them. Let's not forget, you Crest lames said on many occasions, Shelby was the best team you all played last season. Go back and look at your posts post state championship.
You understand it. You just don't like it. You have as many players as 3aa schools. You win asinine titles and you can't even win the County. Beat up on nobodies in the playoffs and lose to every decent team you play. You didn't go toe to toe with SP. He'll they had 500 yards of offense. The last fact is this SP and Shelby both lost to Crest. Chirp all you want. Make up whatever makes you happy.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Ya'll are in preseason form with the trash talking hahaha! I almost thought Crest and Shelby were playing next Friday! With that being said. As a fan, I can't stand the fact Shelby exists. But without them, Crest would have nothing to look forward to. Same with SP, those two teams are the only thing we have to actually talk about in this new BS conference. Ashbrook is tough every four years or so now. Kings mtn and Burns are the same way. Shelby and SP though, they get the blood pumping and I love it! I'm ready! This is better than college or professional. I'm blessed to be apart of the Crest family. Honestly! I could have ended up at R.S. Central. But this is what it's all about. The love of the game. Town vs town. Shelby and SP feel the same way. They need us to be great, Just like we need them to be great. It makes us better. I pray none of our teams suck. Ever. But I also pray Crest continues to roll. We still have ground to make up on both teams. It's a slow process. But a heck of a ride!

I am hacking seadog's account right now to say great post, 91. He'd never admit it! :)

I am hacking seadog's account right now to say great post, 91. He'd never admit it! :)
Yes that was pretty good for a Crest fan but you know 91 is alright and one of the few fans over there that actually has a full set of teeth.

Reactions: seadog28
I dont have a dog in this fight but whenever you have two good teams, # matter. If you are gonna give me 60 players out of a pool of 1250 students or 60 out of 750 students i will take the ones from 1250 and will win 3 out of 4 most of the time. My bulldogs have 1000 to 1100 students and very seldom have 40 varsity players . If we do its because we have a lot of underclassmen playing up, ( around 38 last year with about 10 soph playing up. My point is numbers do matter.

I dont have a dog in this fight but whenever you have two good teams, # matter. If you are gonna give me 60 players out of a pool of 1250 students or 60 out of 750 students i will take the ones from 1250 and will win 3 out of 4 most of the time. My bulldogs have 1000 to 1100 students and very seldom have 40 varsity players . If we do its because we have a lot of underclassmen playing up, ( around 38 last year with about 10 soph playing up. My point is numbers do matter.

Then they shouldn't be trying to compare in the first place.

Then they shouldn't be trying to compare in the first place.
Actually 02 I think they do compare better than they maybe should . Crest has had a student # advantage for many years, but Shelby has managed to win more than their share of the games played . Crest fans need to beat their chest now cause your team is on top but as we both know that does not last forever . So just like the South point teams that whipped crest like a drum for what was it 8 years , and then came up short in the playoffs , you better win it while you can .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT