ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Hayes from Denton

EDEagle66

Oct 29, 2014
Does anyone know what happened to Coach Hayes from Denton (South Davidson)? I remember many years ago he used to coach for East Davidson and then left to go coach at Denton. I can't remember exactly what year it was at Denton, but while Coach Hayes was at Denton, he had a running back name Chris Dobbins and a decent offensive line. During those years, they were decent at running the ball.

Last I heard ED he's doing well and is retired. The Mount Airy Newspaper interviewed him a few years back about his time at Surry Central where he won that title in 1965 back when it was split so crazy. I believe he may have got some sort of honor for that too which he deserved.

South Davidson name their Football field house after him last year too.

Coach Hayes is doing well, enjoying his retirement. He attends games most Friday nights and can often be found at Williams games in Burlington, where his son is AD and asst FB coach. Coach Hayes always has a bag of candy and a friendly word to share!

Reactions: Slasher Killer
Coach Hayes is doing well, enjoying his retirement. He attends games most Friday nights and can often be found at Williams games in Burlington, where his son is AD and asst FB coach. Coach Hayes always has a bag of candy and a friendly word to share!

Newpride, is Jay Hayes the Asst FB coach at Williams now?

Kyle Hayes is the AD and is an asst fb coach at Williams. Kyle has been at Williams for many years and is an excellent coach and even better man. He takes after his dad in many ways, including putting the welfare of young people above all else. I was privileged to have the opportunity to work with him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT