ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton's Ryheem Skinner

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Read a column a few days ago about Skinner's lack of attention by college programs and I agree its pretty confusing...Bob Lewis has said he coached alot of great players but none have blossomed as early as Skinner...hopefully this young man just uses this as motivation I do believe he has the potential to be the best to come out of Clinton and that says alot....check out the article if you can.

5'9" 185 ... I've seen smaller running backs play at the D1 level. It appears football has become more of a passing game on all levels ... Are running backs, like the college game a dime a dozen. (see recent NFL drafts). The running back at Hoggard high school ran for close to 2,500 yards and had little interest as well. Good luck to the kid.

i think small backs are a dime a dozen. tj logan is one of the best smaller backs i have seen in a while but can't really get anything going at unc. gurley is a bigger back who went on to be one of the best at georgia and top 10 pick in draft. small sample of examples but i think it speaks to what we are talking about.

Saw Skinner play in the eastern finals, and he was very impressive. Things I saw that were negative was his size and he did not appear to have blazing speed. I am sure he will play D1 but as a RB he prolly will have to wait until some of the guys that have the size and speed narrow down there schools. Great endorsement by a legendary coach, but Skinner does not look (only saw one time) like a guy who can play any other position in college besides RB. Very hard for a program to give away a scolly to guy that has to pan out at that position because there is no other place to put him. IMHO he will get a nice offer soon.

NCSU has said they are waiting on his ACT scores before offering him. Duke has called to inquire about him as well.

He is the best back that I saw play live last year(Skinner)...very impressive..a college fb player for sure...but is not on the level of the premiere backs the last couple of years/present...Johnny Frazier...Antonio Williams... Robert Washington ...these guys are bigger and faster....Skinner is a very good player no doubt ....though fast the above mentioned have change of direction ...start and stop speed that make them potential NFL stars....Skinner has the potential to break all of the Dark horse records...and in my opinion is a stud...but not even close to Willie Parker or Leonard Henry...I do think he is an Allstate player before he leaves Clinton

I agree with most the comments no he does not have Nyheim Hines like speed but has plenty of speed to boot....also a very efficient runner avg something like 15 yards per carry...If you look at some of the top rushers in the state imagine if Skinner got the same amount of touches as they did maybe 2,500-3,000 yard rusher..had to share the ball with 3 other ball carriers aswell....Leonard Henry already said he would be doing some one on one work with him this summer...sometimes it easy to forget he still has 2 more seasons left

I agree with most the comments no he does not have Nyheim Hines like speed but has plenty of speed to boot....also a very efficient runner avg something like 15 yards per carry...If you look at some of the top rushers in the state imagine if Skinner got the same amount of touches as they did maybe 2,500-3,000 yard rusher..had to share the ball with 3 other ball carriers aswell....Leonard Henry already said he would be doing some one on one work with him this summer...sometimes it easy to forget he still has 2 more seasons left[

A little to early to judge Skinner. Everything he did last year he did as a Sophomore. He is being compared here with players with much more experience. He hasn't even started his Junior season yet. Plenty of time to improve and get better in every area. A lot of potential the next 2 years.We will know then. It should be fun watching him progress

I agree with most the comments no he does not have Nyheim Hines like speed but has plenty of speed to boot....also a very efficient runner avg something like 15 yards per carry...If you look at some of the top rushers in the state imagine if Skinner got the same amount of touches as they did maybe 2,500-3,000 yard rusher..had to share the ball with 3 other ball carriers aswell....Leonard Henry already said he would be doing some one on one work with him this summer...sometimes it easy to forget he still has 2 more seasons left
I love watching this kid...a hell of a player...in HS a lot of kids are good...saw Parker and Henry all through HS ...those guys had hips and stop on the dime ability on another level from 10th grade on...Skinner reminds me a lot of Cartwright who was @ HPA...both can/could just dominate games...Skinner is a talent...not convinced ACC...on most Friday nights Skinner will be the best player on the field...kid can ball

Last edited:
Clinton breeds a different kind of athlete than most other places, especially at RB. You'll be watching him play on tv on Saturdays in a few years barring any injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT