ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs Northside-Jax Week 4

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
First off thoughts and prayers to those effected by what happened at the high school last week always a bad feeling knowing it’s a family out there that sent a child off to school and they didn’t come home.

Sports can serve as a great unifier and healer, hoping that getting back to practice and playing the game we all love with teammates and fans cheering will help serve as a distraction for those hurting even if only for a little while.

A lot of history between these two, some classic battles as members of the ECC in the 2000’s and more then a couple classic playoff matchups. Friday night another chapter gets added. Northside has been down from the usual last few season it seems but I expect them to come out and play hard they are well Coach Ken Pollock in his 7th season in charge now I believe. They have a big QB junior KJ Pollock coaches son I assume 6’2 220. They come in 0-2 after tough loses vs Wilmington area teams Hoggard and New Hanover. They played us tough last year I expect the same Friday night.

Northside has always been a tough game. As you well know 34; DarkHorse beat them in 2005 & 2006 for the eastern championship. In the 2006 easter championship they were avenging a regular season loss to them in conference play, so its always tough game.

Yeah we should be favored heavily(35-21 points) but don’t expect the Monarch’s to back down. They do have some athletes #6 Holloway seems to be the go to WR. Multiple times burned Hoggard and New Hanover on big plays kids got 7 receptions thru 2 games and 4 of them have been touchdowns. QB isn’t crazy accurate but has a big arm he loves the deep route. Our corners will need to stay on their toes and play discipline can’t let anyone get behind you me personally I would play man cause our communication in the zone sometimes is questionable. Last year they got behind us multiple times resulting in 2 deep TDs passes and one that should of been a TD but was dropped. Dline should have a lot of opportunities to make plays QB favoring that deep route holds the ball too long sometimes and not really a scrambler.

offense looked a lot better last week McLaurin was in the slot and out wide and it just looked so much better imagine that lol. QB Nydarion Blackwell had a career night and confidence is steadily rising which is great for us moving forward only going to get better. Coaches called a good game offensively total turn around from the week before so I’ll definitely compliment them on that hope to see the same variety moving forward. Still things on both sides of the ball still to iron out but looking forward to seeing us close non conf play with a bang.

NsJ has lost like 15 games in a row. They might shock Clinton. Gonna have to stop the pass over the top. Pollock will have the boys fired up. He's got his son playing QB.

Reactions: sam
Simmons has Clinton by 24 910 preps has Clinton by 10……I’m figuring 21-35. Emotions will be high on the opposite sideline after what they been thru the last week I can see it being close early in before Clinton pulls away. We shall find out hoping for a good injury free game and safe travels to everyone traveling to the games tonight. Updates scoring updates posted here. Go Horses

Last edited:
Game bout to be underway both teams meet at center field and look like they have a moment of prayer together before kickoff.

Clinton pass rush gets to Pollock for a safety on 3rd down. Clinton 2 Northside 0. 7:55 1st

Clinton defense forces another turnover and score. Landon Pearson scoop and score after Northside punter mishandled punt. PAT good. Clinton 9 Northside 0. 3:01 in 1st

Northside gets on the board with a 5 yard pass from Pollock to Cobb. 2 point conv no good. Clinton 9 Northside 6. 8:27 in 2nd Q

Northside takes lead on a long TD pass from Pollock didn’t get the WR name. 2 point conv no good. Northside 12 Clinton 9. 6:20 in 2nd Q

Well that might been the worse half of football I seen us play in awhile especially offensively. Defense is responsible for all the points so far for us. We had a fumble inside the 10 a couple punts a missed FG and a interception. QB came up alil gimpy a ankle maybe. Credit Northside defense cause they came to play. Northside got us on what looked like some trap plays similar to what their JV did on ours last night so obviously they see something with our defensive alignment. Pollock hit on a couple deep throws. Both TD passes DB was right there but couldn’t make a play……….let’s see what adjustments get made after halftime.

Clinton seems like they have zero identity on offense. They call plays like they’re making it up on the fly.
The wheel route to #10 was a good play and he would of walked in just bad pass.

Clinton offense finally finds the endzone a amazing play by Nydarion Blackwell with a jump pass as he fades out of bounds to Josiah McLaurin. McLaurin break a tackle and takes it in for score. 2 point conv is good by Amaris Williams. Clinton 17 Northside 12 7:48 in 3rd

Clinton defense scores again forces fumble Alex Evans scoop and score for Clinton. 2 point conv is good after mishandled snap Arnette runs it in. Clinton 25 Northside 12 49 seconds left in 3rd

Clinton scores on a 4 yard Josiah McLaurin run.PAT pending injury timeout. Clinton 31 Northside 12 6:19 left in 4th…….McLaurin had some entertaining runs on that drive highlighted by a big truck of a Northside defender

Defense definitely saved our bacon tonight 2 defensive touchdowns,a safety, forced a couple turnovers, and held Northside scoreless in the 2nd half. But the play of the game had to be the pass from Blackwell to McLaurin for score. Looked like something you would see from Cam Newton back in the day or Josh Allen I would love to see a view of that from field level or sideline Nydarion literally couldn’t of had more then a couple inches of sideline jumped faded sideways and had enough strength to get the ball forward and accurate at that then McLaurin coming back to make the catch breaking a tackle and scoring go ahead TD. Still got some things to figure out offensively but hey like someone said above rather have a ugly win then a pretty loss. On to conference play

Last edited:
Defense definitely saved our bacon tonight 2 defensive touchdowns,a safety, forced a couple turnovers, and held Northside scoreless in the 2nd half. But the play of the game had to be the pass from Blackwell to McLaurin for score. Looked like something you would see from Cam Newton back in the day or Josh Allen I would love to see a view of that from field level or sideline Nydarion literally couldn’t of had more then a couple inches of sideline jumped faded sideways and had enough strength to get the ball forward and accurate at that then McLaurin coming back to make the catch breaking a tackle and scoring go ahead TD. Still got some things to figure out offensively but hey like someone said above rather have a ugly win then a pretty loss. On

I lefted ar halftime it was looking ugly as hell for my horses smh. Glad they came away with the win tho

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT