ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton Midnight Madness

Man, I wish I could be there, but I will actually be working saving lives that morning. I'm sure there will be a huge turnout!

Any Lakewood fans out there your Leopards will be having midnight practice as well....We wasting no time here in Sampson County

Have not heard anything about scrimmages was hoping to find out at the practice tomorrow night....Jamboree Aug 14th I'm assuming back at Clinton this year

Spoke with a friend on the inside. Scrimmage vs Lakewood 08/11/15. Not sure of location or time but last year it was at Clinton so it may be at Lakewood this year but no official word yet

Ready for tonight expecting a pretty large turnout of parents/fans to watch the first practice...heard they will entertain us with a lil 7 on 7 looking forward to seeing what we bring to the table....looking for a good turnout of kids community has not been this excited for Dark horse football in a while......feeling like the 90's here in Clinton

About 70 kids showed up varsity and JV combined. About 30 people out here watching. Glad DH football has begun.

Out here at the practice I counted roughly 40 or 41 varsity players maybe 1 or 2 less maybe......not a lot of size I can see looks like we gonna rely soley on speed

Hard to identify players right now cause no jerseys but Rayquan faison looks real good right now

Out here at the practice I counted roughly 40 or 41 varsity players maybe 1 or 2 less maybe......not a lot of size I can see looks like we gonna rely soley on speed

Heard that some guys aren't there tonight but it's not like 5 300lb linemen are gonna show up. But man we r loaded at the skill positions. Speed everywhere.

Well that's good to hear I was alil worried......yea watching this passing scrimmage speed everywhere some of these guys got some serious moves......cant really identify guys right now with no jerseys but so far I see Rayquan Faison making some plays

Reactions: Hoarses1
Well that's good to hear I was alil worried......yea watching this passing scrimmage speed everywhere some of these guys got some serious moves......cant really identify guys right now with no jerseys but so far I see Rayquan Faison making some plays
Yea and Raheem is wearing red shorts with a grey Batman shirt

Reactions: Hoarses1
DarkHorse04, I went out last night and I counted right at 100 spectators hugging the fences practice field , stadium field, and a few in stands.(mostly parents and a few hardcore fans like The Wizard) That's not counting players coaches etc
For a midnight practice that's pretty good. The soccer team had a midnight practice at the soccer complex on the other side of the campus.

Yea when I posted that there was 30 people it was at the very beginning, when I left there was a lot more.

Great turnout the community is real excited for the season and the boys look fit n ready to go

Kinda off topic but I really don't understand recruiting.....how does a freshman(rising sophomore) RB at Scotland Zamir White already has a ton of offers but Ryheem Skinner doesnt.... Is it cause one is at a 4A school and the other a 2A???...is it the height and size White 6'1 205lbs Skinner 5'10 185lbs????....it can't be the stats White-1231 yards 18TDs 155carries Skinner-2,053 yards 26TDs 165 carries......

Yes, scouts tend to pay more attention to the larger schools vs smaller ones. Several factors play into their decision as well, such as level of competition, etc. But I say talent is talent, whether one attends a school with 800 students(Clinton) or a school with 2,500+(Panther Creek, Green Hope). If an athlete is talented enough, someone WILL see him and take notice.

Yes, scouts tend to pay more attention to the larger schools vs smaller ones. Several factors play into their decision as well, such as level of competition, etc. But I say talent is talent, whether one attends a school with 800 students(Clinton) or a school with 2,500+(Panther Creek, Green Hope). If an athlete is talented enough, someone WILL see him and take notice.

It's coming! After he gets 5 or 600 yards combined against SWO, SSS & Hoggard. They will not be able to get to him fast enough!!

Big School/Small School all I know is the amount of college players Clinton has produced and how many schools can say they've produced 3 NFL starting running backs since 1990?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT