ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News!!

I'd take an 11-2 season in a heartbeat but they did lose a lot of seniors.

Let's look at that one as a lesson learned lol. I believe our team this year will do great. You have AJ and Emery both coming back and from what I was told AJ has put on about 30lbs of muscle. I think last year he was 190 and this year he is at 228. I think offensively we will be fine we took a huge hit on the defensive side of the ball that's where I am watching.

Reactions: sway1532
Sneak peak, I heard our QB may be 6-4 this year and a true athlete. We are stacked on offense. My only concerns are the "Hog Mollies" up front.

Defensive wise we may be a little down, but our guys will be running both ways this year unless the open enrollment takes affect this year. We could see our numbers increase if that's the case. Either way Albemarle is loaded with pure talent this year, low in numbers yes, but talented, strong, and fast....

The game that interest me is Thomasville. Two old rivals meet up again. So looking forward to this game.

Size upfront is important but it's not everything. I remember my senior year 1955, we had a small team. Played Lexington in the regular season and they outweighted us upfront about 40lbs per man. We beat them in the reg season 21-14. So we had to face them again in the playoffs and they won by the same score 14-21. Think their size advantage wore us down in that game.

I doubt if we win any of these 3 games mentioned. ( Concord, West Montgomery, or Thomasville). I for one, just do not have a very good feeling about this season. (Hope I'm wrong)

I think we can beat Thomasville as they have really struggled the last two years. We can't beat Concord or West Montgomery and the North Stanly game could be a toss up this year. Is the Williams kid transferring to Anson or has he decided to stay at North? I've heard it both ways.

I think we can beat Thomasville as they have really struggled the last two years. We can't beat Concord or West Montgomery and the North Stanly game could be a toss up this year. Is the Williams kid transferring to Anson or has he decided to stay at North? I've heard it both ways.
I heard Williams is staying at NS.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
I heard one of the coaches at NS came to Williams and said he had a "Dream" about him playing at Anson, and it didn't end well. Maybe that's just a rumor.....

As far as Albemarle going 0-3, yeah that's a possibility, no way in hell Albemarle looses to NS....

Hey Nation . You know what Doug's plans are for the next school year? Is he going to teach and maybe help with the team?

No I am not sure. Knowing Doug he will be involved with the kids in some way.

Also did I read this right from ACES. "It has been brought to our attention that students want to transfer from AHS to NSHS for athletic purposes"? Or did they switch that up lol.

The NCHSAA will not allow this unless they sit out a season. These kids better stay put with the coach we have coming.

They will vote tomorrow night IMO. I hope these students who are athletes pay attention to the 365 rule. I really don't see a lot of movement if any honestly.

The whole reason they are voting on the open enrollment is so the athletes will not have to sit out a year - The NCHSAA sets the rules of sitting out the 365 as their standard for a kid attending a school outside of his "home school" However they allow local Board of Educations to decide if they want to abide by this standard (which Stanly County always has) or allow students to attend a school other than their home school and play immediately. If they did not allow local Boards to make this decision, any student attending a Charter School that is part of of the NCHSAA would have to sit out their first year attending that school. Several local counties allow students to not sit out a year. So if Board votes tonight on open enrollment, and high school student can attend any high school in the county and not have to sit out a year, their could be some movement. I do not think there will be a lot, but could be a few. But with 3 of the 4 schools being 1A schools, small numbers of kids transferring could make a big difference in an individual school teams performance -

BN2014 - What I am hearing is, the kids are not wanting to transfer to North for "athletic" reasons. They are wanting to transfer to North for academic reasons, but are also athletes and do not want to have to sit out a year

Last edited:
Outlaw transferring to North under this open enrollment would be difficult with the 80% capacity cap. Only two schools in the county under 80% cap and that's SS and Alb so the only transfer they could do from NS is to SS or Alb. Additionally I have heard of 0 athletes wanting to transfer to NS. Also the reason for this open enrollment is to avoid redistricting if the motive was as you said then the cap would be removed or raised from 80-90% wouldn't you agree. IMHO the open enrollment is to try to avoid redistricting next year which is why the open enrollment is just for one year. If this fails to balance enrollment the following year you will see redistricting. Has nothing to do with academics or athletics simply numbers IMHO.

Outlaw transferring to North under this open enrollment would be difficult with the 80% capacity cap. Only two schools in the county under 80% cap and that's SS and Alb so the only transfer they could do from NS is to SS or Alb. Additionally I have heard of 0 athletes wanting to transfer to NS. Also the reason for this open enrollment is to avoid redistricting if the motive was as you said then the cap would be removed or raised from 80-90% wouldn't you agree. IMHO the open enrollment is to try to avoid redistricting next year which is why the open enrollment is just for one year. If this fails to balance enrollment the following year you will see redistricting. Has nothing to do with academics or athletics simply numbers IMHO.

The capacity numbers will be manipulated to allow them to go North or there will not be a percentage cap put on the Motion when it is made tonight, I can almost guarantee it. And no, I am not in the know, I just can read between the lines. The reason you have not heard of anyone wanting to leave Albemarle is because it maybe not be one of your big 3 sports (football, basketball, baseball) Think of another winter sport, and not wrestling - Will lead you to a couple of the athletes that want to go to North and again it is not because of the sport, they just want to go to North for academics but still play their sport. I do not think open enrollment is necessarily to avoid redistricting - It was just a quick way to get them out of Albemarle, since plan A did not get put into motion for this school year. Trust me, the same people that wanted Plan A are the ones wanting open enrollment. That is why it was such a hastily made motion last meeting. It is not going to balance enrollment, if anything it is going to cause even more unbalance but honestly I really do not for see a great number of kids moving, if they know they have to come right back to their base school next year if the board truly sticks to the 1 year open enrollment thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT