ADVERTISEMENT

Bluebones has more lives than a cat!

Buddy Rich

May 24, 2005
My closest and dearest friend Bluebones has once again defied the grime reaper. Or so it seems. About 2 months ago he went to the ER with internal bleeding and the surgeon said he had to operate but that he could die on the operating table. He survived the surgery and spent 2 months at Northeast Medical Center. He has since been moved to Bethany Woods Nursing Home where he is undergoing rehab. Went to see him this afternoon and he seemed in good spirits and hopes to go home in about 2 weeks. He has suffered from an acute stomach problem of which there is no cure for about 10 years. Man he is one tough so and so. He and I have so much in common. We both love the Albemarle Bulldogs, the Duke Blue Devils and in music, beach music and big band music. We have been going to Bulldog games since 1994, although the last couple of years have been limited somewhat as I have heart condition in addition to his problems. But hey don't count us out yet. Any Bulldog faithful that live nearby I'm sure he would appreciate a visit.
Just wanted to post this as he was a big poster years back until his health got bad. Hang in there Bluebones and the good lord willing we might just make the first game this year.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Buddy 1994 was a good year to start watching the bulldogs lol
12-1
I ran into my college teammate at the uncc spring game Mitch Ellis. Buddy you should remember him. He was the qb for North Rowan when we played them for the conference championship in 1994. Yeah we shut down the so called airport that night. Best game I've been apart of.
This post was edited on 4/20 2:29 PM by AllAmerican(ALB)

I of the 2 best games I have seen. The other being the Thomasville playoff game in 2001. I remember Ellis and Jeter from North Rowan as their 2 best players. Did'nt Paul Kluttz, mlb for Albemarle make the game ending tackle on about the 2 yd line in overtime for the win? What a game!!!!

Yes PJ Kluttz as well as myself. I played corner on that side Jeter ran to. I got off my block and PJ and I meet him at the 1 yard line and tackled him out of bounds. I was so excited that I threw and helmet down and that was the last time I saw it.

I know I was sitting on the 20 yard line on the other end of the field and could not really see the play. The only way I knew we had stopped them was some of the Albemarle players came running toward our sideline, so I knew we had stopped them. Then a bunch of us fans jumped down from the stands and run onto the field to congradulate you guys. One of my all time thrills watching HS football. Thanks for the memories!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT