ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Season is finally here whats your predictions?

bulldog nation2014

Feb 21, 2014
Hey all basketball season is finally here. I am not sure on all the conferences so I am going to post the YVC East and West as well as my teams to make a run in the playoffs.

YVC West (Girls)
1.) Albemarle - Looking for them to repeat although I think there are some sleepers in this conference, I think they are just to much this year.
2.) Gray Stone - They have some new additions that I think will have them improved and will be finishing behind Albemarle.
3.) Union Academy - From what I hear they have some new freshman and one of them is supposed to be really good. They were already a young team that fought hard. They will be interesting this year.
4.) North Stanly - They lost alot last year and I don't believe they got enough to replace the Grubb Girl
5.) South Stanly - I think it will be a battle between NS and SS for the 4 and 5. I am giving the nod in this case to NS coach as he is a very successful coach and could coach them up to the 2 or 3 position.
6.) Queens Grant - All forfeits no GV

YVC West (Boys)
1.) Albemarle - The boys will look to repeat as conference champions. They only lost 2 players but I believe they will be better this year than last year.
2.) Queens Grant - I have heard they got 2 very good players in on top of their young team, I would expect them atleast right now to compete very well this year.
3.) North Stanly - They lost some from last year and I am not sure they have enough coming in to overcome that loss. So really the 2-3 in this instance are even.
4.) Union Academy - I thought they had a descent team last year and were very well coached. I believe they have most of everybody coming back
5.) South Stanly - They had a rough year last year and lost a few very close games. I expect them to pull off a couple of those wins this year.
6.) Gray Stone- I don't think they will compete well, but them and SS could flip.

YVC East (Girls)
1.) West Montgomery - They return all major players and I expect them fully to win the conference.
2.) South Davidson - They were very young last year and are well coached. I think they will give WM a run for there money this year.
3.) North Moore - They were very young and I believe had some injuries last year. Good coach and more experience should have them competing better.
4.) Chatham Central - They are very well coached and will win some games. I don't think they have alot coming up but them and North Moore could flip.
5.) East Montgomery - They play hard but just not alot of skill there to rely on.

YVC East (Boys)
Not sure

Top Girls Teams to compete for a state title:
1.) Bishop - Until somebody knocks them off in the playoffs they have to remain #1 after 9 straight state titles they have earned it I believe.
2.) Winston Salem Prep - I believe they have lost alittle but still a very dangerous team.
3.) Riverside - I think everybody expects them to come out of the east
4.) Albemarle - They are tough and could be very dangerous for any team to match up with.
5.) Hayesville - They made a run at Bishop last year and I believe return all of their key players. They will be a tough out this year most definitely
HM: Hiwassee Dam, Cherokee, Atkins, West Montgomery

Top Boys Teams For a state title:
1.) WSP - they lost alot last year, but I believe this is one of those situations that I think they just reload.
2.) East Carteret - From what I hear they will be back out of the east.
3.) Albemarle - They are improved from last season with what I believe more skilled.
4.) Alleghany - They could make another run deep in the playoffs.
5.) Cherryville - I am not sure about, but from the sounds it looks like they could be making another run.

Just my opinions.

North stanly boys will be a tough I believe, look forward to the meetings up at phieffer

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT