ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball is around the corner

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
What teams will be making some noise this year. I hear Mooresville boys will have some good talent coming and possibly a run for a conference title.

Last edited:
North Surry should be tough for 2A boys. Return their core and have a couple freshman that can help.
East Surry girls should be tough in 2A. They have picked up 3 transfers.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Chatham Charter should make another run in the 1A ranks.
Albemarle Girls returned everybody that was all freshman and soph last year and added a pretty solid guard

Chatham charter boys I watched over summer and they looked pretty good

Salisbury girls will be dangerous again in 2a

bishop girls I believe returned everybody and will be tough

Robinson boys I think will be dangerous once again.

2 transfers from North Surry (1 starter, 1 reserve) and the best player on Mount Airy’s team the last 3 seasons.

I see Salisbury girls repeating in 2A. They are doing really well in the Triad Blue Chip Fall league. J Huntley transferred to W Rowan, but others have stepped up.
Shelby lost Marja Pass to Winston Salem Christian.
Randleman returns all five starters and should be strong as well.

Just an update on Christian Reeves who is at Duke now. He started out in HS playing for Concord Cannon who had 2 State Championships in a row. Then he moved and played for Oak Hill Academy his senior year. Now at Duke. After talking with his uncle, he was telling me he is 7’ 1”. He played in a scrimmage being on the blue team. It was Blue team against white team. Anyway his uncle went on to tell me he had 11 points, 1 assist, 5 rebounds and 3 blocked shots. And only played 1 half. It’s going to be interesting to see how he performs. Will he be redshirted or play on his freshman year is yet to be seen,

Last edited:
Bishop has some scoring punch from multiple players this year! Add in lengthy and tough defenders, they’ll be tough.

Tbh I wasn’t including him but yes with him in the mix they have 6 kids who can get you double digit scoring and 3 are sophomores who have been in the bishop pipeline since elementary school.

2 of the sophomores have been getting low D1 interest and the other D2 interest. So they will be well rounded and can score from all levels.

Lincoln Charter boys will make a run again. They have, IMO, one of the best PG around in Elijah Burnett. Kid has been a starter on varsity since freshman year. Had 30 plus pts in all games this summer and fall. Plus, they only lost 2 other starters from last season.
The LCS girls team brings back entire team plus 3 freshman from an undefeated middle school team. They will be tough all year long.
Good luck to all teams.

Page has a plethora of young D1 prospect guards suiting up this winter.
Combo Guard 6'2 Sophomore Jerron Blackwell
Shooting Guard 6'3 Freshman Kady'n Turner Scott
Point Guard 6'2 Sophomore Samaj Long (Transfer in from New Jersey)
Point Guard 5'10 Freshman Aiden Martin

Last edited:
Pirate 44- I’ve had the pleasure of
Coaching 2 of those and coached against one in AAU. Imo the jury is still out on 2 of those kids and time will tell. My bag is with a 1A squad that my twin boys play for but as I think I mentioned Before I coached with Harder at Page for a while so I know The landscape even though I coach football now.

They’re good players! Supporting cast?
Assuming this is for me: we get back three or four guys who started in spots last year and who are competent role players. We lost two regular starters from last year and we need guys who can fill their roles. I am told that we have some guys coming up from middle school who can contribute, but I haven't seen them play and I am looking forward to our first game to see how they fill those spots.

Yeah it was for you and I’ve seen Connelly play AAU!! If he and Harris have a good ‘cast’ then they’ll be a serious problem.

Reactions: FreedomAlum
I looked over the video one last time and at the 2:33 mark you can see #4 Dyson Dellinger shoot a three, followed by #10 Gavin McNaughton from the corner a few seconds later. Both started at various points during the season last year and both should return. I couldn't pick out anyone else in the video, but there are a couple of other solid role players coming back.

Where have they been?
Well Connelly was only a Freshman last year but managed to get about 18 ppg and got better as the season progressed. Harris put in about 12-13. He didn't get much of a chance to shine during the 2021 covid season but he showed some of his potential last year. I think the two of them could put in 35 a game this year between them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT