ADVERTISEMENT

Area Playoff Picks

Slasher Killer

Sep 23, 2010
Union Academy at MA

MA starts it’s playoff run with a nice tuneup matchup. Union used to be one of the more fundamentally solid small 1A but it looks like the school was accidentally nuked or something because they sure wasn’t this year. Main thing here is how long it will be before MA puts the JV’s in. That will be a fun challenge.

Newton Conover at East Surry

East Surry starts it’s 2A playoff journey at home vs NC, a team who destroyed them in their previous encounter a decade ago. This NC team isn’t that team though but East totally shouldn’t overlook them either by any stretch. East’s achilles heel for ages before this run of the past few years has been first round matchups. If they make it past here they will have a nice run.

Surry Central at West Lincoln

Central’s year has taken a hard left turn after not coming out of Toast with the win a couple of weeks back. It doesn’t help that their best RB is out for the year and it makes their offense more one dimensional. They have to play a jamming West Lincoln team who is on a roll tonight; it’s gonna take some ball control magic from Southern’s gameplan to make this one close.

Elkin at Draughn

Elkin’s rough year is almost over.. They have to play a very solid mountain team who loves to run it down people’s throats tonight and that has been their weakness all year long. Expect more of the same here.

North Stokes at East Wilkes

In a surprise draw we managed to get another first round rematch between these two. It happened a lot in the 00’s in the old NW days so I’m glad there is another one. Unless East is badly beat up I don’t see it being that close. If they get the Graham kid back it definitely won’t be close. Unless N Stokes changes their offensive scheme I just don’t see them doing enough to win it here.

Christ The King at South Stokes

South has done such a good job that the Sauras have earned a home matchup vs CTK out of the Catawba Shores. This is the best year they have had as they have surprised some folks so South shouldn’t overlook these dudes. That being said Dave is the better HC and South has the better line so I expect them to roll here.

West Stokes at Robinson

Despite their win by forfeit over Walkertown last week it didn’t help West as they slid to the spot where they could get Robinson. Robinson’s a glorified 3A team in terms of playing with the athletes they have. They won their conference by a landslide and cruised through the 2nd half of the year giving up very few points. They are slotted for a nice run and look to start it with West. Robinson’s athletes will be too much for them to handle. If they can crack Robinson’s solid defense (76 points given up all year,) then that will give West a good moral win heading in to 2022.

North Forsyth at Salisbury

NF also didn’t have much luck with that extra win but the OT loss to McMichael didn’t help either. Now they have to play their first playoff game in 5 years vs the defending champion Salisbury team who are beyond excited for another run. Don’t see NF’s line hanging in long in this one but I do see them maybe getting some points late in the year. This will be a good benchmark to see what the Vikes have to work on going into next year.

Bishop at Andrews

The Villains have the mega long haul to Andrews tonight to face a very good Andrews team off their best year in a while. The Villains’s best games have been against athletic but terribly coached teams and Andrews isn’t that. I doubt this one will be close as Andrews will knock the Villains all over the field.

WS Prep at Robbinsville

Why bother with this one? Ouch.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
North Surry-Forbush game has been ppd til Saturday due to the tragedy at Forbush

It's all good brother....I've enjoyed your posts this year.

South Stanly at Starmount

The Rams are jamming as of late due to the reignited run game which has really woken up the past few weeks. Defense while still facing it's issues has really improved too. That shutover over East was one they really needed for momentum's sakes however they cannot afford to let off the gas anytime soon. South Stanly's terrible this year as is the rest of that county but they are a tough hard hitting team and the Rams cant afford to sleep here. But they are way better than SS is and should be fine.

Alleghany at Murphy

The Trojans have really improved over the season despite their record. For them to have made the playoffs after all the issues at the start of the year yet alone improve week to week is pretty impressive. A few mistakes here and there and their record would be a lot better. Lyon does a good job with what he has. Murphy is still a pretty solid team much like they have been despite their youth. This will be a learning experience despite their youth; if they can hang with these guys then they got a good shot for next year. I expect the Trojans to be just as stubborn going forward.

It's all good brother....I've enjoyed your posts this year.

Thanks man! Glad someone does :). Things have been more hectic than I expected but I promised I'd do this all year and I made it. Hope next season's not as wild.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT