ADVERTISEMENT

AHS HFC

We have complained about WS Prep and Forsyth County. You will see a few students come to Albemarle but many more will exit.

Great.

I can guarantee that they get absolutely nothing done tonight. That's my hunch...anybody wanna bet?

Stanly County is about half backwards to begin with. They have an agenda, it's obvious to see. But if open enrollment happens, there's only one school that could benefit from it.... West Stanly...

The only school in Stanly County without an issue is Gray Stone! I do know that Albemarle needs 2 head coaches for fall sports still(football and soccer), and if something doesn't change then neither could end up being the right hires!

Truthfully, the Magnet/STEM is ideal for open enrollment. If you offer courses that aren't offered at other schools, some kids will travel to get what they want. (i.e. Enloe in Raleigh). Of course, that was the original plan A ...or was it B.... Anyway, the ideal situation is when your school attracts students. (Of course, as the former governor of Alaska put it..."putting lipstick on a pig...it's still a pig".)

No one plan is going to fix all the concerns being floated right now. Add to that...the local Republican caucus is after their own members on the Board of Elections for requesting by letter to the state that no recall or partisan school board elections be called because it is a total "waste of money". The election board had it right. Burr? I think he should stick to buying George Washington paintings for everyone. It is ugly right now...and "it ain't over".

Reactions: All-out_34
Nothings gonna happen. At least for this year. Votes are coming up soon...

Stanly County is about half backwards to begin with. They have an agenda, it's obvious to see. But if open enrollment happens, there's only one school that could benefit from it.... West Stanly...

West Stanly is over capacity or will be soon. Therefore it would not be open to students from outside the district. That is normally how open enrollment works. North may fall under that as well but South and Albemarle would be open as they are under capacity. I think some forms of magnet programs at those two schools may be the best move.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT