ADVERTISEMENT

2023 “The Throne” National High School Championship Tournament in Atlanta March 29-April 1.

Hon Dines

Aug 21, 2002
China Grove, NC
Central Cabarrus played today under name Vikings Club.

The tournament will be a four-day, single elimination event.

Today's game
#9 3A Central Cabarrus(Club Vikings)62
#8 5A Dorman,SC 51

Play again Thursday 4 PM on NBATV against winner of #1 Judges(Va)vs #16 Golden Eagles(Ga)

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
3/30/23 game
Halftime
#9 Central Cabarrus(Club Vikings) 38(33-0)
#1 John Marshall(Judges)Va 32 (29-0)

Last edited:
FINAL
#9Central Cabarrus 67(34-0)
#1 John Marshall(Va) 65(29-1)

Central plays again 3/31/23 in Semi-finals at 7 pm NBA TV
against #5 Second 2 None(IL) vs #13 The Ville(OH) winner

Last edited:
Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Central Cabarrus is playing now on channel 8 on spectrum now. Was down 15-7 to Exporers Fl, but now they are up 18-15. Win or lose this is one of the best 3A teams I ever seen.

Like I said win or lose. Central Cabarrus is one of the best 3A teams I ever seen. Congratulations to the season they had. This game probably could have went either way on a given day. This team will never be forgotten.

Reactions: Hon Dines
Also thanks Hon Dines for keeping us informed with all the games posted on this thread. I would never know they were playing unless it was posted

Why were they wearing Carolina blue jerseys? Aren't they green and yellow?

Is this team 100% Central Cabarrus players?
From the information I read it’s sound like it. There were 16 teams that were selected to participate in the tournament. If these are truly original players. Central Cabarrus had one heck of team. I’m not an expert on the history of N.C. basketball. But does anyone know if there was better 3A team in N.C. than what Central Cabarrus had. I’m always in for learning something new.

Last edited:
As for the different uniforms used. My guess since they play as a club team they can have different color uniforms. Anyway this is the 1st year this tournament has been done. I hope they keep continuing it. Maybe in the future we will see more NC. teams involved. I know we will learn more about all this as it’s goes along.

yes 100% Central Cabarrus team. The Throne National Champiobship is in it's first year. All teams were High School teams players at their High Schools. IMO since team couldn't use their High School names they used a club name to clear the way to play. If you remember years back when the Myers Park girls team was invited to play in a National Championship tournament the NCHSAA denied it. So to clear they way for the teams to play they had to use a club team name.
He are some example of some other the other school with a club name that played in the tournament;
#1 Judges= John Marshall(Va)Richmond
#3 Exploreres= Christopher Columbus(FL)Miami
#5 Second 2 None=Simon(Il)Chicago
#7 Avalanche=Camden(NJ)Camden
etc.
So yes the Club Vilkings was all this years Central Cabarrus players

Last edited:
Reactions: KW23 and Vik-Val 86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT