ADVERTISEMENT

2022 NCHSAA Basketball Championships Television Schedule

Thats borderline stupid. Nah it is stupid. WTF? Salisbury womens basketball vs. WC mens basketball in Charlotte?

I kind of wonder how much longer it will even be on regular TV. I feel like NFHS presence gets bigger every year.

Its the state finals. They ALL should be on TV IMHO. Especially for local teams. Weddington, and Chambers are on TV. Venture to bet WC on TV in charlotte would far exceed those games.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
It may just be an oversight on the TV schedule NCHSAA put out. If you go to CW's website, they have the West Charlotte games in the listings.

WCCB Listings
I'm hoping thats it. The state finals are big to every fan base, players, and team involved. Playing on TV while it may seem overblown still means alot to the local community.

You are correct. It list the WC 71st game as being on TV, Whew! CRisis averted. LOL

I wish UNC TV / PBS would broadcast the games. Everyone would have it, regardless of your cable provider or lack of one.
I agree. In a lot of rural counties, you may not have good internet to stream, and you may have to use Dish and get considered "local" to another state by them, but you can still pretty much always get the NC PBS signal over the air. They even have a translator in Hayesville, which I don't think anybody else does. Obviously you can't show 8 games on one channel in one day, but they've also got the NC Channel that they run that they could use.

FWIW, Georgia shows a bunch of high school state finals on PBS. It's a good way to get support for PBS outside of the crowd that likes Ken Burns and Antiques Road Show.

Last edited:
Reactions: btango
I agree. Even in Clay and Cherokee County where you can't hardly get any major networks over the air except maybe ABC from Asheville, you can usually still pick up NC PBS and its subchannels over the air even if Dish doesn't give you NC stations. Obviously you can't show 8 games on one channel in one day, but they've also got the NC Channel that they run that they could use.

FWIW, Georgia shows a bunch of high school state finals on PBS. It's a good way to get support for PBS outside of the crowd that likes Ken Burns and Antiques Road Show.
There are four North Carolina PBS channels. And who in the world doesn’t like Ken Burns?😂

There are four North Carolina PBS channels. And who in the world doesn’t like Ken Burns?😂

Oh, I'm very aware of their other channels...my TV is on Rootle about half the time it's on at this point in my life. But I just listed the NC Channel because you don't want to see the temper tantrums across the state if Wild Kratts or Molly of Denali gets pre-empted for a basketball game on Rootle.

Reactions: ocdavis31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT