ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Realignment

All-out_34

Feb 5, 2012
Salisbury, NC
With the new 20-30-30-20 model coming in after next football season, I sat down and tried my best to figure it out. This is my best guess on the new 3A line and what schools will be joining and leaving 3A.... The new 3A line will be about 1,046-1,575 students, with Mooresville being the highest, and White Oak being the lowest.
Schools leaving 4A for 3A
Mooresville
JH Rose
New Hanover
EE Smith
SW Guilford
Dudley
North Durham
TC Roberson
Ben L Smith
Hillside
Phillip Berry
East Wake
Southern Alamance
Conley
SE Guilford
Harnett Central
Person
Ragsdale
Watauga
Parkland
Porter Ridge
Charlotte Catholic
JM Robinson
AL Brown
Douglas Byrd
Schools leaving 3A for 2A
Swansboro
West Craven
South Brunswick
Central Davidson
Patton
Tuscola
West Iredell
Hibriten
East Henderson
North Lincoln
North Henderson
South Rowan

Only way we drop down to 3A again anytime in the near future is if another school is built in Mooresville. Our ADM will be pushing 1900, and we most likely will be 4AA come playoff time. I have heard rumors for a long time about a possible mew HS in Mooresville but dont see anything happening with that in the near future, especially with Mooresville spending $40 mil on new renovations/sports facilities etc

They said so last time but caved. I'll believe it when I see it. Even if it's the only split in the state, McDowell and South Caldwell need to be in a split so they wouldn't have to go to Charlotte to play.
I agree with the SC/McDowell split or having to travel to Charlotte. The same was said in a few preliminary conference realignments that had Watauga in a split with nothing but Asheville schools. I'm not so sure that I'm sold on Watauga being a 3A school again, thought it would be nice since it's been such a long time.

Mooresville will be 4AA probably if not in 2015, then 2016. Their student population is growing rapidly. Also Catholic may choose to stay 4A although in talks I've had with coaches that move is not likely so they'll probably end up back in 3A.

Mooresville will be 4AA probably if not in 2015, then 2016. Their student population is growing rapidly. Also Catholic may choose to stay 4A although in talks I've had with coaches that move is not likely so they'll probably end up back in 3A.
Good....... We can rekindle the wars......

is spc going have 10 team with robinson added???????????
Yes, for two years. South rowan could have dropped down to 2a this years but wanted to stay in the spc because they will make more money in the spc then to drop down to 2a.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT