ADVERTISEMENT

20-30-30-20 realignment model

So essentially if I read correctly the non traditionals such as Bishop Prep etc will still be part of 1a? I didn't see where it addressed that at all which I believe is the #1 complaint.

So essentially if I read correctly the non traditionals such as Bishop Prep etc will still be part of 1a? I didn't see where it addressed that at all which I believe is the #1 complaint.
So if my math is right -
4A Football - 75 Overall - 75
3A Football - 113 Overall - 113
2A Football - 112 Overall - 114
1A Football - 75 Overall - 105

Every team in 4A will make the playoffs like in 1A. 1A won't change much at all. A lot of 4 and maybe even 5 win teams won't make the playoffs in 2A and 3A.

I like how they take out the non traditionals with no multiplier even being discussed and then do the 20-30-30-20 and then adds them back in???? LOL considering they are a member school shouldn't they be included along with the multiplier then align them into the 20-30-30-20?

Actually of you look at the numbers 1a goes almost completely untouched. Why would they remove the non football schools under 20-30-30-20? They are a member and should be factored along with the multiplier.

The biggest issue has been factoring the non football schools in. In the last realignment Albemarle was put in a conference with three other football playing schools. Probably no way you can schedule enough non conference games that late in the season when you are a strong 1A program.

If the realignment is done with the non football schools figured in then there will not be enough schools in 1A to fill out the football playoff bracket, which is too many teams any way. This will also move schools up with fairly small enrollments where they will be at a major disadvantage in football.

Reclassifying without the non football schools is the best way to do this to me.

I am all for a system to add a modifier but that will be hard to justify with a public school such as WS Prep. The issue there is more Forsyth County. The NCHSAA needs to look very deeply at Forsyth and other non traditional schools but remember the charters have a lot of support in Raleigh and as we witnessed in the past the politicians have changed conference structures without consulting with the NCHSAA. Oh yeah, that happened!

Reactions: mondobizarro
I personally believe the non traditional schools will not be touched because of that very point regardless of what any other traditional says. This is a case where they wanted to show they have done something but accomplished nothing lol.

Where do you guys think Edenton Holmes will be 1A or 2A I know they don't want to drop down.

Where do you guys think Edenton Holmes will be 1A or 2A I know they don't want to drop down.
Based on the steady decrease in ADM numbers at Holmes I expect they will drop down to 1A in 2017.

And with the 1AA east likely to lose both James Kenan and Wallace Rose Hill to the 2A ranks in 2017 it's vital for competition's sake that both Holmes and SW Onslow drop down to 1A.

Last edited:

If Holmes goes 1A, I would venture out and state that they will be in several championship games over the next 4 years. The combination of Hoggard as HC and Mattera as AD and assistant coach is a lethal combination. Those guys know football better than most 4A coaches. I've got a lot of respect for my guys Paul and Wes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT