ADVERTISEMENT

1A West Boys Bracketology 2024Updated February 12th 8:35am

Glad to see the projected LSMC champion got a projected 11 seed. The seeding guidelines are pretty clear cut, but some people just don't understand. SMH.I was right¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW what happened to the other post?

Glad to see the projected LSMC champion got a projected 11 seed. The seeding guidelines are pretty clear cut, but some people just don't understand. SMH.I was right¡!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW what happened to the other post?
My question as well. I was banned for a day because I had the correct answers to seeding when I was called out for not knowing them.

I asked a question about conferences and was told to go read the seeding process on NCSHAA website. I understand the seeding process but when I explained it to Don he took it as an insult and instead of doing the mature thing and apologizing or just stating that he overlooked it, he banned me and deleted the entire conversation.
I broke no rules. There were no mean statements, name calling, cuss words, etc. I proved that I was right and outlined why and was banned and the other discussion had good details, so why delete it?

Don, some clarification on the ban and deletion of the other conversation?

Reactions: recycled2
My question as well. I was banned for a day because I had the correct answers to seeding when I was called out for not knowing them.

I asked a question about conferences and was told to go read the seeding process on NCSHAA website. I understand the seeding process but when I explained it to Don he took it as an insult and instead of doing the mature thing and apologizing or just stating that he overlooked it, he banned me and deleted the entire conversation.
I broke no rules. There were no mean statements, name calling, cuss words, etc. I proved that I was right and outlined why and was banned and the other discussion had good details, so why delete it?

Don, some clarification on the ban and deletion of the other conversation?
It's best to leave well enough alone. Carry on!
It takes several hours to do all the bracketologys. I tried to tell you I was busy and you kept on yacking! After I finished every Boys and Girls East and West I looked up the seeding process but you were so impatient I banned you so I could finish. If you continue to taunt me you will take a longer vacation. You have disrespected a mod for the site and it will not continue to happen. My advice to you and others. DO NOT BE DISRESPECTFUL TO THE MODS OF THIS SITE. FINAL WARNING!

It's best to leave well enough alone. Carry on!
It takes several hours to do all the bracketologys. I tried to tell you I was busy and you kept on yacking! After I finished every Boys and Girls East and West I looked up the seeding process but you were so impatient I banned you so I could finish. If you continue to taunt me you will take a longer vacation. You have disrespected a mod for the site and it will not continue to happen. My advice to you and others. DO NOT BE DISRESPECTFUL TO THE MODS OF THIS SITE. FINAL WARNING!
I'm not being disrespectful at all. I wasn't "yaking" I responded with questions and statements from the NCHSAA. Yes, it was a couple different posts as it was discussing a couple different points/questions. You were the one talking down to me and other posters stating that "...Look up the seeding process. No one understands it. SMH" Also talking down to the poster saying that you were right with multiple "!!!!". I'm honestly not trying to be disrespectful but just to point out something that was incorrect so it could be corrected. A lot of people don't understand the seeding (the same questions come up every football season, and a couple of us constantly have to explain it) so I understand the frustration.

No one is taking away the hard work you put in.

You never once said you were busy, you just told me to look up the seeding process because you were tired of no one understanding it. So I did which lead to a confusion of LSMC and BSMC. I was honestly confused as NCHSAA shows it as a single conference (which it seems to be with the lone exception of basketball). Recycled2 cleared that part up for me. That's when I stated that the LSMC should be seeded with the rest of the conference champs. I was trying to work together to make sure it was correct.

Please, let me know how I'm being disrespectful. I'm honestly just trying to have a conversation.

Robbinsville Cherokee and Swain all currently have 3 losses with one game left.... If Cherokee beats robbinsville in final game and swain wins there last game they will be tied for first Would Cherokee get the 1 seed from the conference since they swept swain in there 2 games this season? Or does whomever finishes higher in conference tournament get the 1 seed? If swain and robbinsville both win does swain get the 1 seed since swain swept robbinsville or does it go to whomever finishes higher in conference tournament?

(February 12th 2024 8:35am)
West 1A/2A conferences
*Catawba Shores
Corvian Community 2
*Central Carolina
North Rowan 9
*Piedmont Athletic(PAC-7)
Eastern Randolph 6
*Southern Piedmont
Highland Tech(wild card)
*Western Highlands
Mitchell(By RPI) 8
*Yadkin Valley
South Stanly 7
1A West Boys conferences
*Metro 8
Piedmont Community Charter(By RPI) 3
*Northwest
South Stokes 1
*Northwest Piedmont
Bishop McGuinness 4
*Smoky Mountain(Big)
Robbinsville(By RPI) 5
*Smoky Mountain(Little)
HIWASSEE DAM 10
============================
1. South Stokes
2. Corvian Community
3. Piedmont Community Charter
4. Bishop McGuinness
5. Robbinsville
6. Eastern Randolph
7. South Stanly
8. Mitchell
9. North Rowan
10.Hiwassee Dam

11.Andrews
12.Mount Airy
13.Thomasville
14.Murphy
15.Carolina International
16.Swain County
17.Bradford Prep
18.Cherokee
19.North Stokes
20.Mountain Island Charter
21.College Prep & Leadership Academy
22.Mountain Heritage
23.Sugar Creek
24.Piedmont Classical
25.Christ The King
26.Alleghany
27.East Wilkes
28.Hayesville
29.Uwharrie Charter
30.Carver
31.Highland Tech
32.Valor Prep Academy
========================

===========

=========

=========

=========
Question…. Hiwassee Dam won’t get a 1 seed bc they below .500 and Polk County will get an automatic bid but also won’t be a one seed. Is that correct or am I wrong?

Question…. Hiwassee Dam won’t get a 1 seed bc they below .500 and Polk County will get an automatic bid but also won’t be a one seed. Is that correct or am I wrong?
Hiwasse Dam is in the Little Smoky so they get a #1 seed because they are highest finisher in Conference. Hold on and I'll check on Polk.

The winning record rule only applies to the top team in a class from a split conference getting a 1 seed. If you win a regular conference you go with the 1s no matter your record.

Don Hines… on high school ot they got Hiwassee Dam at 31…. They will be a 1 seed because they not in a split conference and will win their conference correct?? So that makes them #10

Don Hines… on high school ot they got Hiwassee Dam at 31…. They will be a 1 seed because they not in a split conference and will win their conference correct?? So that makes them #10
They will be seeded with the rest of the conference champs based on RPI.

Polk won’t get an automatic…there has to be at least 2 teams from each classification in a split conference to get an automatic.
With Polk sitting at 3-19, that gives a fair result this year. But I could see that rule being unfair in some circumstances. I'd be pretty ticked if I was on a 1A team that came in second in what was basically a 2A conference, but didn't get a top seed in the 1A playoffs because there wasn't another 1A team in the league. While you could come in 3rd and still get a 1-seed if there was one more 1A team in the league.

That rule wont apply anymore after next year BC there will be all new 1a to 8a but your right that would stink

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
With Polk sitting at 3-19, that gives a fair result this year. But I could see that rule being unfair in some circumstances. I'd be pretty ticked if I was on a 1A team that came in second in what was basically a 2A conference, but didn't get a top seed in the 1A playoffs because there wasn't another 1A team in the league. While you could come in 3rd and still get a 1-seed if there was one more 1A team in the league.
No….the finishing 1, 2 or 3 and/or .500 still applies to get seeded with the # 1’s.

There just isn’t an automatic berth for a single team in a split conference.

See if East Carteret…the only 2a in their conference….gets a #1 in the 2a East bracket.

I think they will.

Last edited:
Reactions: thekidd12
No….the finishing 1, 2 or 3 and/or .500 still applies to get seeded with the # 1’s.

There just isn’t an automatic berth for a single team in a split conference.

See if East Carteret…the only 2a in their conference….gets a #1 in the 2a East bracket.

I think they will.
4.1.18(b)(1) says "seed all first place automatic berths" on the one line, then all 2nd place automatic berths/at large bids by RPI after that. So I think the way it's written you can't get seeded on the 1-line without an automatic berth. And the way 4.1.17(b) is written you can't get an automatic berth as the single team in a split. (Unless, arguably, you win the whole thing). But looking at volleyball it looks like Polk got a 1-seed even finishing 2nd as the only 1A, so I suppose they don't apply it as written. Which is good, because it isn't written well at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT